Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 inline 6
Default The descision

so, I was stuck between 2 girls so I decided to take each one on a date. basically, my 96 xj made the descision. the first one went great. Drove total over 100 miles, and she ran perfect. No random shakes, never even thought bout stalling at an intersection(throttle body's dirty), and I even got some nice comments about my xj around town. We had a great time. Second date, right off the bat, the ole 96 was having a bad day. she was shaking and whining. I guess she had a cold or something. then at every intersection she bogged down and stalled. at 1 red light, the guy in front of me wouldn't go so I went to tap the horn. it got stuck and just kept goin. A bout a half a mile later and 30 punches to the steering wheel, it stopped. then she decided to overheat for the first time ever.(this is how I discovered my weeping waterpump.) so while I dubbed around under the hood, she complained the hole time. there was coolant everywhere. She leaned to look in when I reved it a little and the belt flung coolant in here face. long story short she wasn't interested and neither was I and obviously neither was my good ole 96. thought I'd just confirm to everyone that jeeps DO HAVE FEELINGS! if there's a bunch **** going wrong, park it. kick your gf out, change your clothes, put on different deodorant, something u did made her mad or upset! Lmao

Last edited by K2dark_xj; 08-11-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine: i6 4.0L High Output

Wouldn't you have basically burned the girl's face if this was true?
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2

Originally Posted by chadh92
Wouldn't you have basically burned the girl's face if this was true?
ouch
Old 08-11-2011, 11:59 PM
CF Veteran

No. coolant/water just everywhere from pouring it and yea I'm sure it was a little warm but not scalding and it's not like it blew all over her face. just kinda misted. Some got me too. it wasn't pleasant but wasn't Gunna hurt anything.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 AM

Engine: i6 4.0L High Output

Gotcha. I know my buddy's WJ overheated and he popped the coolant cap like an idiot right after pulling over and it sprayed him and burned him, even ambulances had to come. But if you were toying around under the hood for a while, it definitely could have cooled down a good bit.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:24 AM

Sounds like your XJ was jealous, if you ask me.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:24 AM
CF Veteran

Yea. I had it off for a while so I could pull the cap off. I always have a spare gallon of coolant/water with me and i had topped it off spilling half of it all over the place. Then I started it and pulled the throttle to make sure it would make it home and it misted us. I don't know if you've ever had coolant on your face but it feels very odd. like it feels kinda hot even though it's not and it makes you smell bad. Long story short she wasn't impressed. IMO she just made a small hiccup worse by being kinda a ***** but that helped me out alot since I'm still with the other girl and it's going good for now