build sheets with all RPO codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2014
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 3.6
Default build sheets with all RPO codes

This is a continuation of a thread started by BatmanXJ. I am starting a new thread because I wanted to add some instructions for you to follow to assist me in providing this service to you. I can provide you with a build sheet for your Chrysler vehicle that shows all the RPO's (regular production options) if you provide me with the VIN (vehicle identification number).
  1. Before you submit a request, run the VIN through the VIN decoder that is found here, and fix any errors. This will ensure the VIN you want me to look up is valid, which will help me keep up to the requests I am getting. Most of the errors I see are mixing the letter "I" with the number "1", and the letter "O" with the number "0".
  2. To assist the fine people who maintain this site and take the time to respond to your questions, I will ask each person (if you haven't done it already) to go to the "User CP" and enter your location and vehicle information under "Edit Your Details" in the "Additional Information" section. Please do this before you request a build sheet.
  3. Once you have completed steps 1, and 2, post your VIN and I will look it up for you. If you don't want your VIN shown in the forum, send me a PM with the VIN and I will blank out everthing except the last 6 digits in the report.
I can look up any Chrysler VIN, even on older vehicles, and the database I have access to is completely comprehensive (no, it is not Compnine). I don't think it goes back to the origin of VIN's in 1954, but if you have an older Chrysler product it doesn't hurt to do a search.

I will respond to your requests each time I am on the Forum, but if I don't respond within 2 or 3 days it probably means I missed it. Give your post a "bump".

Last edited by 2kg4u; 11-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rwheaton1 (09-04-2021)
Old 11-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Herp Derp Jerp

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L OBD-II

Does this mean you work at Chrysler? Not sure why someone would use these threads instead of the online forms on Chrysler's website. I just emailed customer service and got my build sheet.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by salad
Does this mean you work at Chrysler? Not sure why someone would use these threads instead of the online forms on Chrysler's website. I just emailed customer service and got my build sheet.

If I wanted people to know where I work I would post it in my profile. If I want to offer people a quicker way to get their build sheet, what business is it of yours? What possible purpose do your questions serve other than to demonstrate you are an a$$hole?

I have been a moderator and a gearhead on a GM forum for years (gmforum.com, user name 2KG4U), just purchased a new JGC, and am looking for a forum for my new vehicle where I can not only get the answers I need but also give back to the forum by providing information I have access to that would be of interest to others. Other forums force people to pay contribution amounts to get access to a thread like this. I would be more than happy to move to another forum and provide this information there if your attitude is typical for this forum.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0L Inline 6

Not sure why you think he has an attitude. He's bringing up completely legitimate points. You just got insanely defensive for no apparent reason.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by thatXJguy
Not sure why you think he has an attitude. He's bringing up completely legitimate points. You just got insanely defensive for no apparent reason.

Well that answers my question on whether his attitude is typical of this forum or not.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Woah easy there! Not sure why you think that was a personal attack, it wasn't meant like that! It's just a simple question. Calm down dude lol.

I mean, do you have a special advantage, or is this just for convenience? I'm just curious. It DID take Chrysler a long time to get back to me.

Not sure what my attitude is

Last edited by salad; 11-22-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:07 PM

Not sure why someone would use these threads instead of the online forms on Chrysler's website. I just emailed customer service and got my build sheet.
It DID take Chrysler a long time to get back to me.

Perhaps if you thought about why this thread is useful before your first post you would have realized you already knew the answer. I didn't start this thread to satisfy your curiosity, tell you personal information about myself, or justify why forum members would want to obtain their build sheets here instead of sending an email to Chrysler. I started it solely as a means of thanking this forum for answering the questions I am sure I will have about my new JGC.

Obviously I have a special advantage ... and I choose to share it. You asked where I worked, and implied this thread (that takes a fair amount of my time) is a waste since members can simply email Chrylser for the same information. If that's not personal, I don't know what is. Then, DH#2 chimes in to tell me your questions are legitimate and I am insane.

I don't do this for thanks, but I sure as hell don't do it to be criticized or insulted.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
Engine: 4.0

U didn't have to call him an ******* That was uncalled for. U could have kept it simpler without offensive insults.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:33 PM

Could have ... chose not to.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Herp Derp Jerp

Sorry chief, I don't know what I've done to offend you. You could have just said "for convenience and to give back to the community" instead of exploding with completely unwarranted attacks.

I've already apologized for poorly wording my first post and yet you continue to act aggressively. Giving back to this community is a fantastic idea and what keeps this place alive, but acting like a jerk when asked a basic question is NOT welcomed in this community.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:19 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Year: 1989

2kg4u quit being a d-bag or I'm trashing this whole thread. And with trashing it you will not get to make another.

Last edited by odgreen; 11-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 97

wow if only I had the powers that be to ban ..... click, it would be done...

no one wants to play in your sandbox boy, go home....
Old 11-22-2013, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L

Please sell your Jeep and go buy another GM product. Please.

There, that was polite.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 PM
CF Veteran

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cranesrule
Please sell your Jeep and go buy another GM product. Please.

There, that was polite.
Agreed.
To the OP, You don't deserve to own or ride in a jeep. Wait. I think that's too harsh. U should own a 2014 Cherokee. That should be fitting of your image.. Ugly and lame
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM
::CF Moderator::

Received 1,526 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Talk about attitude. salad asked a simple question out of curiousity. Gets called an ******* by some new guy? Something stinks here......

Quick Reply: build sheets with all RPO codes