Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Jeep wagoneer 87

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Jeep wagoneer 87

Got some more problems with my lights. I call them utility lights, not including the headlights. The turn signals- parking...etc... This time I have no parking lights. I do have tail lights. Neither brake light is working. I don't have a schematic diagram of the electrical system, so I don't have much to go on. I am gonna check the brake light switch first, then the bulbs, but I kind of doubt that the bulbs are the problem, I mean if one goes out then the other one should work, right! So, both are out, so I figure it isn't the bulbs. My brake warning light comes on also, when I start the vehicle. I guess I am gonna have to buy a decent manufacturers repair manual, cause I am getting tired of asking so many questions. I thought there might be a common problem with the brake lights not working, that is why I am asking. If there is a common problem with the brake lights going out, then maybe someone out there knows it. Therefore saving me some headaches in finding the problem. Thanks!
Old 01-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Year: 1987
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 4.0L

Have any Pics???
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Model: Cherokee

It could be your neutral strat stop switch ( neutral safety switch) I just clead mine. A online repair giud said it will make it so you taillights will not work or it will not start or your got to shift it a few times. hope this helps.