Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

"Big Red" the non-cinnamon flavored '00 Chevy Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default "Big Red" the non-cinnamon flavored '00 Chevy Tahoe

Definitely going to do mods to this, so I guess I may was well create a thread for it too.

Here's our '00 Chevy Tahoe 2wd

2wd, LM7, tow package (HD trans cooler, factory hitch, factory 7 pin connector) 3.73 rear w/ posi and electronic traction control, tow hooks, and skid plate.

The truck has 203,000 miles on it and still starts, runs, and drives like new. The motor is all original on the original build, the transmission was rebuilt 3 years ago. This is a classic example of "rough around the edges, but she's got it where it counts." The rough part is, it needs a paint job pretty badly, has a few small dents in the front passenger fender and 1 in the front passenger door, and a dent in the bumper. The interior isn't in terrible shape, just stained carpets, a rip in the driver's seat, and some cracking in the passenger front seat. The tabs that hold most of the switches in are breaking, so they're just kind of resting in place - but they all work. The dash has a crack in it and the dash bezel has a couple cracks and the previous owner cut the radio slot for a double DIN receiver and did a pretty **** poor job at it. The headliner is sagging too and the speakers had ZERO bass.

Either way, we're pretty pleased with the purchase. It has new shocks, new battery, new water pump and it starts, runs, shifts, and drives as if it were new.

We're planning on fixing it up like new and adding a few custom touches to it. Not planning on going crazy with it, just want to make it look as good as it drives.

Last edited by Basslicks; 05-23-2018 at 08:43 PM. Reason: weirdness with pics
Old 05-21-2018, 08:31 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Work done so far:

1) Replaced throttle pedal position sensor

2) Cleaned throttle body:

3) Bypassed the factory amplifier and installed the Kenwood that I bought for the Jeep 7 years ago. Finally have some bass and decent quality sound.

4) Replaced the radiator

5) Upgraded the headlights to LED bulbs from BeamTech. Ordered through Amazon on saturday night, got them this afternoon and put them in. I highly recommend them.

That's it for now. I'll keep the thread updated with the progress .... ya know for anyone interested in - "an old 'hoe"
Old 05-21-2018, 09:08 PM
No, I don't lick fish.

Shots of the headlights at night... they need to be aimed though. They're "crosseyed"