Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Autoecu.com /ASI/eBay name ate1234 - BEWARE!!

Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default Autoecu.com /ASI/eBay name ate1234 - BEWARE!!

Writing this to inform people to please not use this company. I have bought and sold over 1000 things on ebay with 100% positive feedback, plus tons of stuff from various vendor and user forums.

Quick story - ECM went bad on my sentra. Sent it to them for a rebuild that I was told would take 2 days. 30 days later I receive a rebuilt ECM. I install it the same day and it wont communicate with my car. I send it back the same day and call them to tell them the problem.
After they received it I called a few times a week to check on the status and nobody would answer my questions or call me back. Now that its been 60 days I receive another computer today and its not even for my car. I call them to ask what the deal is, and they tell me to take it to a Nissan dealer and have it reprogrammed to work for my car.

Well i'm into this ECM for more then it would have cost me to buy one NEW from Nissan.

So Please beware and don't buy or have any electronics through this company rebuilt. They also have an eBay account under "ate1234".
Old 06-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Update: I bought a brand new computer from Nissan and the car runs great. I called ASI and after about 15 more calls I was finally able return it. I sent proof to them that there computer was tested by Nissan and was not responding in my car, and proff that I bought a new computer for my car, and finally received apartial refund.

Now, they are sending me emails claiming they are going to sue me for these posts I have made on these forums.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: I-6 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by JustDHutch
Update: I bought a brand new computer from Nissan and the car runs great. I called ASI and after about 15 more calls I was finally able return it. I sent proof to them that there computer was tested by Nissan and was not responding in my car, and proff that I bought a new computer for my car, and finally received apartial refund.

Now, they are sending me emails claiming they are going to sue me for these posts I have made on these forums.
They can't do anything. You posted about a shopping experience with them. This is your right, unless the U.S. Constitution is entirely gone from the States.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by JustDHutch

what do u call a partial refund? what percentage?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tural
what do u call a partial refund? what percentage?

They received $452.50 of my money. I paid through paypal but they didn't refund it correctly, they sent an echeck instead, so they sent me $384 back and I actually got $379 after paypal fees. That doesn't include the shipping back to them 3 times, which we all know UPS rates have gone up, so it was almost $20 each time.

That also doesn't include the fact that this was my commuter car and I drive an 80 mile round trip to work. At that time diesel for my truck was $4.50 a gallon! It doesn't get very good mileage of course, so that was $36 per day that I was paying to drive it.