Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

Anyone have a 94 Buick Regal

Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6 Power Tech Engine
Question Anyone have a 94 Buick Regal

So i found a neat little 1994 buick regal, not to many problems,
i know who owns it and they said an auto body shop told them they need all new fenders all the way around, new brake lines, new gas lines, new gas tank, and something is up with the rear suspension.

Fenders are not bad just a bit of rust that was poorly patched but all wheel wells are completely rust free, i figured new break lines and gas lines because well it is a 1994 and its safe to replace those anyways,
i know for a fact that the gas tank leaks if you fill it up more than half way but its still cheaper than a jeep on gas.
I dont know about the rear suspension... the axles are the weird kind like most cars where its different than jeeps, wranglers and cherokees, and older ones, they said there was a ton of rust under neath and i said look under my xj, guess which one was worse.
Does anyone have a 94 regal (Gran Sport) and know how hard some of these fixes are? im 17 and looking for something that will sit in my parents driveway that i can just fix up.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

I am a diehard GM guy, and I am telling you that I wouldn't buy this car.
I dont know enough about it though. It needs some decent work to even be drivable, and Im sure they are asking probably way more than its worth. (in the condition you described I honestly wouldn't pay over 5, maybe 600 bucks for it) That being said, Im sure if you dump a fair amount of money into it, it will be super reliable.
I was in your situation once, and I know what you mean.
Gas sucks, especially if you drive a Jeep. You either suck it up, or find another dd and have your Jeep as your weekend warrior.
This is what I would do:
Check your local craigslist every day. Dont jump to buy anything just because someone gives you a good sales pitch.
Looking for early to mid 90s imports. I drove a Civic for a few years when I was 18 and 19 and I loved that car. I could beat on it, and it still would start every day and give me 30+ mpg. Plus it was super cheap to make pretty quick/mod. I have owned a total of 3 civics now.
Mid to early 90s imports are usually very easy to work on (pulled and swapped a motor in less than a day, alone on my civic), super reliable, good on gas, and the junk yards are full of them. People are always buying and selling.
The only think I can say the same about for domestics is that the junk yards are full of them.
Like I said, just because a car is "cheap" or the owner gives you a good sales pitch doesnt mean you have to buy it. Take someone you know is good with cars or a mechanic with you. 4 eyes are better than 2. My advice, take your time. I have made some stupid choices when buying cars.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L I6 Power Tech Engine

well the owner (who i have known since i was fixing bmx bikes) told me that she wouldnt sell it for more than what she could scrap it for, which wouldnt be very much at all, her husband works in a engine shop and the car starts and moves just fine and he drove to and from work a few days ago, most of it is cosmetic work and stuff that you would normally replace like brakes and brake lines, the most expensive thing would be tires but that wouldnt be more expensive than 31x10.5 on 15" wheels,

i would love a civic but i cant afford one. i would do payments for the car with no interest just heres a check kind of thing,