Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

2007 WK review

Old 01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0
Default 2007 WK review

Well today I got to drive my sisters new to her 2007 WK so figured i do a little write up on it.

Specs:
2007 WK 4x4 with the V6, leather and upgraded sound.

Driving:
Well balanced over all, steering is cleen and smooth. The Jeep feels stable and planted in the corners with just a touch of oversteer. The suspension is nice and smooth on all surface types and soaks up pot holes and the rest of the bad road conditions up here flawlessly. Braking feel is a little soft for my taste but stops very well. The acceleration in normal mode the V6 takes a while to get up to speed as it shifts way to early to get any power down. in the auto stick much faster and the V6 pulls well. its no V8 but feels on par with the WJs 4.0. On the highway there is plenty of power for passing. The MPGs however are lacking a little bit. I did this same drive on monday about 50 miles round trip, 35 miles of highway 15 city/back roads, with my 06 ram. The WK got 15.9MG for the trip the Ram was at 18.7. Over all i liked driving it

Interior:
Over all a near perfect layout. of the dash not much I would change on it. Every thing is easy reach and the layout works well. The seats up front are comfortable and supportive. however there are a few draw backs here. Like more car makes Jeep has made the WK for short women. I'm 6'4" and sitting all the way back and the seat low I could not see traffic lights at all. I was looking out the top 1/4 of the window and the headliner was right in my field of vision. the XJ WJ and my ram are all better for forward visibility. The other big issue was the spacing between the brakes and a dash cross member. I was wearing work boots and had the pedals adjusted as low as they could go. A few times I found that i was still putting pressure on the brakes with my foot off because there was not enough room for my foot. Also switching for gas to brakes or brakes to gas my foot would almost get caught there.

Over all a 7 out of 10. Biggest issues being the power from the V6 and my foot hitting the cross bar using the brakes. It would make a nice daily driver but I'm much rather have an Xterra, or a 4-runner before a WK of the same year.