Other Vehicles. Other Jeep models & cars and trucks of other makes Talk any vehicle tech in here other than Cherokees.

1999 wj front end problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 1999 wj front end problem.

My 99 has an annoying front end clunk. I left on vacation and came back to an unplowed drive way and took it as a challenge first major trip with the jeep went well up till I got 30 feet up my drive way and my 4 wheel kicks on and I just stopped and I had to let the engine slow down and shift it manually to low and in first just to cripple it up the drive way. Plowed the drive way and took it to my work and went to go twist the drive shaft for play and every time I turn it it clunks. Checked the fluid is was some what low but no leaks at all from it. I had to heat the top check plug up to get it out from past owner. The bottom plug was easy coming out and going in. I did a full fluid exchange and put synthetic fluid in it and now it's some what better but I still get a bad clunk here and there but no where near as bad as before even in 4 wheel. Front shaft has a little play but not as bad . But my transfer case is leaking now. And ideas on the front end clunk and the transfer case leak?