arm rest outlet mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:22 AM
e30
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Model: Cherokee
Default arm rest outlet mod

so ive had a lot of questions on how i did my outlet in my armrest...well its really easy, about a 20 min job.... i got the plug from a random jaguar at the junkyard that had the same green glow as our lights

1. start by taking off your trim bezel by pulling it toward you "the bezel is the whole console surrounding the radio and temperature controls

2. for the power to the actual plug i wanted it to stay on all the time so i could charge my ipod while i was in work, so you tap off of the accessory outlet to the right for constant power

*** red + ***

*** black - ***

3. next to make the green light turn on tap off of your cigar lighter for switched power

*** red + ***

*** black - ***

4. now tuck your wires under your center console, start from the edge and run them back to the arm rest

5. now remover the 4 screws holding the armrest "bucket" in.. 2 front 2 inside, then pull the bucket out, it may get hung up on the small lip toward the back of the passenger side part

6. now basically all you do is drill a hole to the size of the plug and push it through, i used a hot glue gun to make sure it was fully secured

7. and now you are done~!

when you turn your jeep on the light will come on, and you can charge your stuff while the jeep is off and on