Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

As you learn...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default As you learn...

Take time to check in often and see if you can help other/new members.

It usually only takes a minute to find information that others may not think to look.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 2003
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L, 63mm TB, FIPK, Gibson Exhaust

Originally Posted by UUJ1
Take time to check in often and see if you can help other/new members.

It usually only takes a minute to find information that others may not think to look.

X1,000,000

Only thought is if you are unsure becareful what you post, if you have access to a FSM please use it to help others as well.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Seasoned Member

Good thought, all too often, someone will think they know the right answer and with good intentions try to help out. If your advice is incorrect, someone will challenge/correct you, and this only leads to confusion.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by UUJ1
Good thought, all too often, someone will think they know the right answer and with good intentions try to help out. If your advice is incorrect, someone will challenge/correct you, and this only leads to confusion.
We all learn by mistakes, and sometimes mistakes happen, just make sure to read things carefully, and

PLEASE POST THE YEAR, MODEL, ENGINE, TC, and AXLEs we are working on, makes it so much easier.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by tsconver
PLEASE POST THE YEAR, MODEL, ENGINE, TC, and AXLEs we are working on, makes it so much easier.

This should be a requirement to sign up. Kind of like when you can't proceed with out entering a valid password or something.
That would help sooo much!
Old 02-25-2008, 05:51 PM

please, please, please... Put your vehicle info in your sig!

Atleast yr and engine. Drivetrain and suspension are second hand..

Hopefully this will help speed up the replies.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

We all learn by mistakes, and sometimes mistakes happen, just make sure to read things carefully, and

There is something way wrong with this post. This sounds like naxja or pirate, yea it's nice now but it'll turn into flaming. Next, If you start telling newbies that if there not 100 percent then don't post it'll lead to confusion, then they won't in fear of someone coming back on them. This should be an open discussion forum for everyone and that should be a requirement... So what if someone says something wrong, so we talk it out. Last, If someone forgets to give there year and model, just take a second and ask them. If your in to big of a hurry to ask than don't. Enough rules...
Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jonb8
There is something way wrong with this post. This sounds like naxja or pirate, yea it's nice now but it'll turn into flaming. Next, If you start telling newbies that if there not 100 percent then don't post it'll lead to confusion, then they won't in fear of someone coming back on them. This should be an open discussion forum for everyone and that should be a requirement... So what if someone says something wrong, so we talk it out. Last, If someone forgets to give there year and model, just take a second and ask them. If your in to big of a hurry to ask than don't. Enough rules...
This is how i am trying to keep CF, the whole purpose behind it is because i dislike the way that other forums are run.

There will never be a "requirement" to fill in specs, that is obsurd as far as im concerned. But i do agree that it speeds the process up a bit, so like any forum i will encourage it but encouraging is where it stops. This forum will never turn into a flaming forum as i simply will not allow it. I have some very fair rules in place and i expect all to abide by them but further then that this is an open forum and we encourage ALL skill level members to post.

-Kyle
Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
CF Veteran

If this was a 3000 member board with 200 posts a day, I could understand some of this. But we get like 10 new posts a day, with 3 or 4 viewing at a time. Don't try to fix what ain't broke. .
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by jonb8
If this was a 3000 member board with 200 posts a day, I could understand some of this. But we get like 10 new posts a day, with 3 or 4 viewing at a time. Don't try to fix what ain't broke. .
ahh you sir are misinformed 50-60 with a high of 97 posts per day, we are growing slowly but surly.

-Kyle
Old 02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
This is how i am trying to keep CF, the whole purpose behind it is because i HATE NAXJA with a passion so i have decided to help create a forum that will suit us better and it has so far.

There will never be a "requirement" to fill in specs, that is obsurd as far as im concerned. But i do agree that it speeds the process up a bit, so like any forum i will encourage it but encouraging is where it stops. This forum will never turn into a flaming forum as i simply will not allow it. I have some very fair rules in place and i expect all to abide by them but further then that this is an open forum and we encourage ALL skill level members to post.

-Kyle
I could care less if someone has all there stuff in there sig, but to post my engine has a tick at idle with no other information does not get an accurate answer or a timely answer. Simpley adding I have a 03 WJ with a 4.0L engine that ticks when idling at start up makes it easy to help someone out. What is wrong with asking for that?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:39 PM
CF Veteran

sweet..
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM

I could care less if someone has all there stuff in there sig, but to post my engine has a tick at idle with no other information does not get an accurate answer or a timely answer. Simpley adding I have a 03 WJ with a 4.0L engine that ticks when idling at start up makes it easy to help someone out. What is wrong with asking for that?
As stated there is nothing wrong in any way but I dont think I will ever implement a mandatory filling in sig.

-Kyle
Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick
As stated there is nothing wrong in any way but I dont think I will ever implement a mandatory filling in sig.

-Kyle
Cool with me, someone else said it should be and for some reason I got blamed for it, LOL next topic,
Old 02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Seasoned Member

Cool with me, someone else said it should be and for some reason I got blamed for it, LOL next topic,
Awww man, I'll take the blame! I'm just trying to use what I've learned from other forums... and make this one better. It's what we all really want in the end , isn't it?