Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Windows, locks etc not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Windows, locks etc not working

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee. About a year ago my passenger side rear power window stopped working. About a month ago my front passenger window, as well as power door locks on all doors except drivers stopped working. My passenger mirror stopped and my interior lights are staying on when the ignition is on.

Reading thru various posts, I checked my ground from the window switch to ground. That I can see was previously repaired and my ground was good. Any suggestions on which way to go. Playing with the wires in drivers door so far has revealed nothing.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L (AMC) Straight Six

Either one of the switches went bad or the BCM (Body Control Module) has a short. Probably the latter though. My '02 is having the same issue to where I have to set the interior lights not to come on when the Jeep is unlocked by turning the **** into its lowest position. I know I'm not going about repairing the issue, and instead using that "workaround".
Old 06-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: v8

Check the wires in the corrugated rubber tube between the driver's door and frame. by the hinges. I know that on my 99, I have had a wire or two break in there over the years. Mine was the ground wire, so the whole switch quit working.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 PM

Model: Cherokee

I have had the same issue with my 04. There were broken wires in every door boot. As well as the passenger side door module went out. Does your keyless entry work?