Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

What evil people do to your jeep when your not there

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L
Default What evil people do to your jeep when your not there

So this morning i went and took my jeep to the shop to finally have it looked at because the TC was not locking up and all of this other stuff well i dripped it off at about 10am and i was going to swing by around 2 to pick it up get the estimate and take it home till i got the money. WELL. some BLEEP hole sabotoged my jeep today at the shop there having to pull servalence cameras to find out what happened. i took my jeep in working great except for the TC lu not working this is what i found when i walked in the door...

1 foot of my Back axel handed to me

Yeah a foot of my rear drive shaft. it was on my truck when i dropped it off. but WAIT. there MORE. THEY cant find the other what 2ft of the remaining drive shaft.. OH by wait theres more

thats where the drive shafte connects to.. nothing there the ENTIRE assm. is goe. and they dont know where it is. there is damage to my muffleer that now has to be replaced and all this other crap..

the linkage from my 4x4 lever to the trans case is broke and gone. it SEEMS like someone there wanted to have some fun at my expence and they basicly put it into LOW and punched the acclerator and it twisted my shaft. in realizing what they did they quickly jammed it into 4at and it broke. so what i went in to get placed was a TCC solinoid i came out with about 800 dollers of damage. NOW. the thing is i think the owner of the shop knowws one of his guys did it SO im getting like EVERYTHING replaced for like a fraction of the cost. BUt if the camera show something im sueing. meh. as long as my trans is fine the trans case and the engine and axels are fine ill be happy.

OH btw they broke the PARK pin in the trans as well lucky me right. GRRRRRR88888tttt

Last edited by Merlinmagic07; 02-09-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 02-09-2009, 07:56 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l

Wow.

I wouldn't give them a plug nickel to fix anything. I would expect them to take care of it or talk to my attorney.

I would imagine that the security cam tape is mysteriously going to disappear, too.

Last edited by EvilBlackXJ; 02-09-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

Dude, I would make a police report on that for sure. You also need to make sure they replace everything the broke for FREE, and the parts should cost you nothing or at least VERY little. I would take it to another shop and then give them the bill. I would also have the shop check my transmission, transfer case and rear end out. That is ridiculous. Remember your time is worth money as well, so have them toss in free oil changes for a year for the trouble. Just make sure you watch them. Oh, and a little threat of going to the cops, and local news station doesn't hurt either.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Year: 2006

dang that sucks man, i wouldnt pay for a damn thing though. they need to replace everything for free, and not hire idiots!
Old 02-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

I've had the same thing happen to a Buick Regal .Was working out of town,before I left I dropped it off to get new brakes.I came back the next day cause of the weather,go by the shop and my rear end was all apart.WTF?I asked calmly WTF is going on.They beat around the bush, finally I find out they wanted to see what a 455olds equipped Regal would do.Snapped an axle took some teeth of the ring,when the axle fell out it dented up the rear quarter.
I decided to deal with them without the cops and I got screwed.They fixed the axle,lol.not really.Anywho I ended up beating the **** out of the shop owner and going to jail.It sat at his shop 3 months,excuse after excuse then he tried to make me look like the bad guy and running his mouth.
Call the cops make a report.call the bbb and file a complaint.Small claims suit too.I handled it wrong I know that.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L

If I were you I would make as big of a deal out of this as possible take the jeep to another shop have them look over the damage and have them fis it also keep VERY good records of your time and milage going to and from the new shop when the work is done take those other clowns the bill and charge them at least 65 cents per mile and 10 dollars per hour of your time for the hassle in the mean time file a police report and call a lawyer and keep records of everything including your time to do all of this if it goes to court you will have all of the documents that you need to win this good luck to you.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM

so there fixing it all for 200.00 and so im not thrilled about it. but there fixing it. soooo i have been going there for about 5 years. and so i DO trust the owner and such always have. it was one of the employees. and the employee is paying for the rest. and i think lost his job. ill still go back they have never done me wrong . just hired the wrong person. im getting all of the following fixed on it... for 200 dollers....

New seals front and back axels
TCC solinoid
TPS sensor
new linkage from shift lever to the transfer case
New Exaust sytem(cat and muf)
New Master cylender(brake) (was going out anyways)
All new rotors and pads
New Brake lines
Trans flush
Trans seals
NEW Drive shaft
Trans shift cable(shifts my gears i guess)
trans steel lines to the torque conver i belive
Old 02-10-2009, 04:48 PM

sorry man but youre an idiot if you pay anything out of your pocket for their mess! i guess everyone handles things differently...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:23 PM

i relize that its not the cool thing to do but its my DD i have nothing else. and i cant afford to linger it on and lose my job and such. cause i dont have a vehical i have already lost liek 3 days of work. i relize its a pretty dumb thing. but it doesnt mean i wont do or take action after its fixed to get the money back
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

I have seen and heard plenty of people winning there cases in court even though they paid to have it fixed already. As long as you keep the paperwork then your good. You were going to pay for something to get fixed anyway so its a wash, but now your getting all new parts for a bunch of stuff and thats worth some money right there. At least he's doing it more civil then some. I think its BS that you have to pay anything but 200 bucks isn't worth your time to go to court, plus a day off work IMO.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0

the shop owner was my best friend of 10 years.you make the call.but don't cry when you get ****ed.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:43 PM

Year: 1990 laredo

this is why I do all of my own wrenching. If I can't fix the thing I will junk it.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1989
Engine: inline 6 4.0L

WOW!!! holy ****. I agree with most of the guys to sue their asses. You should have them paying you. I can understand that you need your car asap. You should loosen a bolt over a weekend and have something mysteriously break and blame it on them to get them back. IMPO
Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 PM
::CF Administrator::

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 I6

Just so ya know in most states unless an employee at the shop did the damage the shop is not liable for any damage. It's usually listed on the service form you sign your name to.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by okcjeeper
Just so ya know in most states unless an employee at the shop did the damage the shop is not liable for any damage. It's usually listed on the service form you sign your name to.

im pretty sure he said it WAS an employee, therefore the shop should be liable for all damages!

Quick Reply: What evil people do to your jeep when your not there