Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

two issues with my cgrand cherokee limited

Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default two issues with my cgrand cherokee limited

Thanks for reading my two issues that I am having. My first issue is I went over railroad tracks that was a pretty crazy dip and all of a sudden my speed dropped to thirty and stayed there. I tried to put it in park wouldnt go in park. Tried to put in reverse wouldnt go in reverse it was like the shifter was broken. So luckily i was a mile away from my house and was only able to go 30 miles and hour. I got under my jeep and seen a cable a a spring and a screw clamp. So i had my wife fool with the shifter while I watched what it was doing. This round black piece I slid it down this other part that was on the cable and and her shift to park then drive then park again. It was able to start fine but only in neutral and now between park and reverse is reverse. this was rigged up to work again normally till i hit this tracks and was fixed back in Feb so I would like to know how to rig it or have it be able to run in drive again since i need to get it inspected this week. Second problem is a couple of fan blades that broke off while going down the hwy I replaced the fan and a few months later it happened again i was told that my water pump pulley was wobbly so that was the cause of it so i replaced the water pump and the fan. Just wanted to know if a pretty badly water pump pully could cause that to happen. thank you so much for reading my lengthy post