Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Thinking about buying a 95 ZJ, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
TGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Thinking about buying a 95 ZJ, have a few questions

Went and looked at it tonight. I6, 4WD, 140k. Everything works, no leaks that I could find. On the motor atleast. I saw some red colored fluid around the bottom of the radiator. It seems to go from one side to the other...though it's mostly concentrated on the passenger side. No drips on the ground.

I think it might be the transmission cooler. I got under the truck but I couldn't spot where it was coming from, and it's not on anything else but the radiator. Are there any power steering lines on that side? I noticed the pump is on the drivers side. The reason I ask, is that aside from the leak...the steering wheel doesn't seem to center itself right after making a turn. You kinda have to help it along as you come out of the turn. I'm wondering if these two things could be related.

Other than that everything seems solid...owner disclosed that the transmission has been rebuilt, power steering pump replaced, new belts, a couple of pullies, new brakes, etc.

It is going to the shop tomorrow to see where the leak is and while it's there I will inquire about the steering issue. Other than that, is there anything else I should be looking for? And if the leak is not steering related, what could cause the steering not to center itself after a turn?

thanks guys!