Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

side view mirror moves when unlocking door

Old 11-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2L
Default side view mirror moves when unlocking door

I have a 97 zj and I notice I have a intermittent bad passenger side front door lock actuator. Every time I only unlock my door with my key fob my passenger side mirror moves. Does anybody know why?

Kevin
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by ForceFedM3
I have a 97 zj and I notice I have a intermittent bad passenger side front door lock actuator. Every time I only unlock my door with my key fob my passenger side mirror moves. Does anybody know why?

Kevin
Hey Kevin. I sold my ZJ that I had for 6 years and it had the memory system on the mirrors, seats, & radio presets. They were set to match the remote key entry fobs # 1 & # 2, depending upon which person was driving at the time. You set everything with a numbered button on the drivers door. When you opened the doors with one of the remotes it would change the mirror settings to match the key fob #1 or #2. If you happened to grab the wrong keys you just pressed your correct button on the door and the system would go over to your settings.
Sounds like you have the memory system to me.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by ol"blue
Hey Kevin. I sold my ZJ that I had for 6 years and it had the memory system on the mirrors, seats, & radio presets. They were set to match the remote key entry fobs # 1 & # 2, depending upon which person was driving at the time. You set everything with a numbered button on the drivers door. When you opened the doors with one of the remotes it would change the mirror settings to match the key fob #1 or #2. If you happened to grab the wrong keys you just pressed your correct button on the door and the system would go over to your settings.
Wow, that makes a lot of sense.. I'm try it tomorrow and let you know if that fixes the problem.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ol"blue
Dan, I just wanna thank you for your time for helping better understand my jeep! you're answer to my question worked, thanks again!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by ForceFedM3
Dan, I just wanna thank you for your time for helping better understand my jeep! you're answer to my question worked, thanks again!
Glad to be of help Kevin.