Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

People advertising Jeeps!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V8
Default People advertising Jeeps!!!!!!!!!!

ok, is it just me or do others find the opposite of tire kickers?
I find people listing Jeeps seem to just want to see how much interest there is in what they have. You look and they never call back or they set up a meeting and then have nothing but excuses and they want to sell when they want to sell but never do.
These are the SAME Jeeps that have been relisted over and over and over.
Then there are the others who think the thing is gold.
This is just annoying to no end.

The one I was ready to buy last night had a last minute excuse but I got to see it and it has some of the parts I want and I was ready to buy. Today the seller who was in contact constantly is nowhere to be found.

Not to mention the stupidity of some of them, here is an example make sure to really read the ad.
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/856936545.html

Ebonics.
1994 jeep Grand Cherokee Limited fully Loaded. leather seats, wood trim,(plastic) electronic adjustable sits,(sits the bath you soak your but in) navigational directional,(turn signals?) tempeture gauge,(?) gas, milage(?) and distance gauge. Alarm code in key.(Discovered after I asked if he had the keyfob that he left home) Custom rims with cherokee logo.(missing center caps and they are the ugly gold Jeep snowflake rims. Custom?) Hunter green with gold detail. Roofe (Roofe racks, great for date rape) racks and 4wd. Spear jeep truck tire.(Yup I will admit it's "speared" as I saw it flat in the back and the SPARE on the right rear) Needs radiator and belts. (no mention of the waterpump being impaled in the radiator)Needs new oil filter and gasket. (Didn't mention the Oring when I looked at it or the original ad)Also, needs new front bumper. (I thought the packing string holding it on was factory) Contact Merwin at 203-xxxxxxx.willing to sale part by part(After I asked if he would chop it. Also no mention of the blown headgasket)

The little Church urchin looked and acted shady anyway.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Merwin sounds like a real weiner. I would keep looking until I found someone who knows what he has and what the current price for it should be. Also maybe nice if he can spell too.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
Merwin sounds like a real weiner. I would keep looking until I found someone who knows what he has and what the current price for it should be. Also maybe nice if he can spell too.
I'm just disgusted on many counts. VenomHp can tell you I have just about every 4 sale Jeep in the state and 2 other states marked LOL
2 twins to my 93 both sold 1 hour before I called.
I'm trying to get a GCL so I can have extra parts for both Jeeps if ever needed.
I just got Emailed back on a 98 running and driving but it's a XJ

LOL I don't want any of you Jeep idiots like you or myself who knows what they have. We think our stuff is gold too.
I want another sucker like the one who sold me my 93 running for $200.

Last nights ZJ had the old school axles I wanted,Grrrrrrrrr

Guess it's time to search again......
Old 10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by BlueXJ
I tried to call "homeboy" again but I guess his prepaid cell ran out of minutes because it said it temporarly out of service LOL

Tried to call the other joker and no answer either.

Found a clean 97 zj for $750 but a little far and kinda to nice to chop up. Oh wait it's green, I CAN CHOP IT UP. We all know how I feel about green LOL
Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 5.2

this is a getting to be a pretty funny thread. Anyway whats wrong with green.
Has no one told that the best vehicles built have been green. Never owned a green vehicle that was not great, now I have another one.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by RRAM
this is a getting to be a pretty funny thread. Anyway whats wrong with green.
Has no one told that the best vehicles built have been green. Never owned a green vehicle that was not great, now I have another one.
Funny for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ugh green is just mold to me LOL
I think the Orvis was the ugliest thing ever made (almost)

Jerk #2 just messaged me he just got my messages but can't talk right now and that he lost his phone in the car.

From last night till tonight???? He wants $500 hmmm how does it feel to want? $300 maybe, it's a base model with power nothing and a rotbox.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Seasoned Member

Hey update me a bit. Which of your jeeps can and do you drive? Are you trying to collect all the cheap jeeps you can find?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Registered Users

Wink

Hey update me a bit. Which of your jeeps can and do you drive? Are you trying to collect all the cheap jeeps you can find?
LOL, no the red 93 came home by accident with a blown diff for $200 when I was in search of another Chevy.

The white 95 was bought because it was even more clean than the 93! that needs a trans.

And I been looking for a parts truck and getting jerked around.

Next I have a 97 GCL very clean in NY I might grab tomorrow $750 iffy trans
And a 97 sport $750 CT
And now a 98 Cherokee in MA $475 tapped in the front but I want the rims and tires.
A 2004 for $1500 with a rap in the engine(might buy and keep for myself because it's black and clean)
A 2006 in OH, it's a rollover for $1500

So I buy 2 and make one and sell the rest of the parts off.

I use to buy and sell all the time and I am doing it again only with jeeps because I can find them cheaper in CT than most of you can. This is why I wonder about you guys not being able to find one cheap in your area.

Plus I come come cash in hand and pay and haul it off.
I ran an ad for Jeeps wanted and now I am getting all sorts of Emails.
Go to Ebay completed auctions and look at the prices and then see what you can buy local and resell.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Registered Users

Ummmm YES and get the parts I want and sell the rest...................

Would you not buy this? $475 asking.

I buy it and another ugly green jeep and grab the tires and rims for myself and put a nose on it and sell for way more than I bought both.

About 10 years ago I bought out a jeep dealer and still have a bunch of NOS and to be honest I forget what I have.
The reason I have always had chevy's is because another friend bought out a chevy dealer and we both have tons of parts.
I have 2 NOS chevy doors left for myself but just sold NOS Suburban barn doors 3 sets for $600 a set and that was a deal for the buyer.

Once a year I grab a pile and go to the swap meet. Only problem is I spend there or more in what I sold.

I been hoarding 17 Hemi's and parts since I was a kid and look at them as my retirement and as far as the Mopar nuts that know I have them I had to say I sold them all in one lot. I've had only 3 Mopars in my life.
Now it's time to start selling some of this stuff as I said I would later in life.

I sold all the Ford stuff I hoarded in GA and all of my BB Chevy stuff.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:57 AM

Year: 95
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

That sounds like Craigslist, to me. Hard to impossible to contact sellers; there is a vehicle in my home town that is for sale, dude has been listing it every week for several months now, but won't answer an e-mail and doesn't list his phone number.

I imagine he thinks it'll sell via ESP.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Seasoned Member

Well sounds like your having fun and making some cash. Your also finding some real buys. I looked today in auto trader and still flinch as to what I could have gotten for the cash I put on this rig. Can't look back. I wanted it and grabbed the first one that fit my list. Now I gotta fix and tune it to how I like it. I am not doing it to resell, this is my toy for hunting and playing.

As far as craigs list that is exactly what I found. No way to get hold of anyone. Email them and no reply, no phone numbers. could not figure that one out, missed some good deals maybe.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Registered Users

Ya know I think 2 of you are right and this is how I am finding these deals.
You just have to have patience and chase them if you want them.

I got a call about a plain Cherokee that runs and drives and is still on the road but to be honest I'm afraid to go see it. These Craigslist people are wearing me down LOL
It would be nice to get another GCL to have all the little parts and have backup relays and modules and regulators and such.

Not to far from me asking $850 and that seems steep to me.

View full size

View full size

View full size

View full size

I might go get this one Sunday (The seller is a nice guy, even called me today, he's tired of the tire kickers)
Sounds like it might need a trans also but this one I'd buy to resell
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/875270922.html

Guess I'll get brave and go search some more. Anyone have a vallium?
Old 10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Registered Users

Hey guys, can I use the shorty front bumper off the XJ on my ZJ? I don't like the GCL front bumper because it screams to be torn off in a snow bank.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Users

Just got an Email with this one and it's the same as mine with leather. If I can cut a deal this is the one.

Jeep grand cherokee 94 4.0 automatic AWD - runs and drives or parts - $1000

94 jeep grand cherokee, rare to find the super reliable 4.0 six cylinder in a limited model. Has good tires on it (bridgestone dueler revo), automatic, leather, power everything. Only a few small problems, Needs a right front CV joint, starts hard (i think PCM not supplying fuel on startup? runs well once started), headliner sagging but the rest of the interior is good, leather is pretty good for the age. Driver's door latch works poorly sometimes, but holds the door closed. Radio works but the display is broken so you can't see what station you're on... otherwise it's in good shape, very little rust.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Member

hate the red but what a good deal.

Quick Reply: People advertising Jeeps!!!!!!!!!!