Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Oil Leak Under Filler Tube 4.7 Grand Cherokee HO

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Oil Leak Under Filler Tube 4.7 Grand Cherokee HO

Doing my monthly oil check yesterday, I noticed oil dropped more than usual-still in the safe zone but definitely dropping oil.

There's a drip somewhere above the oil filter that's dripping a few drops onto the oil filter. It might be near the oil pressure sender because there's definitely moisture around there. I replaced the sender two months ago and at first I thought I hadn't tightened enough but I sneaked a mirror up and its dry where the sender screws into the block. Might be the sender itself (got it from Advanced Auto - BWD), so I'll probably replace that again. Any other places I should look on that side?

But on the other side I noticed oil dripping below the oil filler tube - see the pics below. Does this look familiar to anyone? Could it be the PCV? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by GrandCheKee04; 02-04-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Picture Links only showed thumbnails