Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

newbie question on window regulators problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default newbie question on window regulators problems

hello. i've been reading on the internet. consumer affairs/edmunds/consumer reports/etc.
it seems like jeep has a problem with window regulators and their is no recall or help from jeep/chrysler. it sounds like 00-08 all models ?
i'm looking at 06 grand cherokee . just dont wanna get into if its a real problem
extended warrantys' are not a option. i realize more people come on the internet to complain about a problem than come on to praise. so you see so many more complaints....
and i also think consumer reports dosent like any american suv's but that site goes by consumers input on vehicles realibility just not the test drives ?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

I've got an '04 Grand (WJ) w/87,000+ miles since purchased new and my brother has an '04 WJ w/less than 40,000 miles. Neither vehicle has ever had an issue with the windows/regulators/motors/switches whatsoever. I think anyone having a problem with them would be a rare occurrence. JMO
Old 09-24-2009, 12:25 PM

Model: Cherokee

this is where i was reading about regulators and it kinda scared me , there were so many ,as you scroll thru. as you can tell, i'm still researching JGC's. i've been narrowing down my selections on a vehicle... i'm pretty sure i want one . my blazers always got crappy reviews too . thank you for all your info !! are you a moderator here or something ??

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/jeep.htm
Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Engine: 4.7L V8

You're bound to find a few horror stories when you go looking for them hard enough. My experiences with my 2 Jeeps and my brothers has been great. There was an issue with the front rotors that was fixed under recall by replacing everything from the calipers to the rotors. And a recall for the heated seats (which weren't having any issues). Some dealers or maybe a tech might not be as good as others but every dealer I've ever visited (for service) while traveling has been great. I love both of my Jeeps.
And no, I'm just a Jeep owner and member of this great site.
Dan
Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 PM

Year: 2002

I have a 2002 Grand Cherokee. The only problem I had was after a deer ran into the side of my Jeep. Apparently it cracked a piece of plastic in the regulator mechanism. Was driving one day shortly after that the window fell. Luckily, I was able to get a supplemental from the insurance company, so it didn't cost me anything. Then another failed later and my brother and I fixed it. Got a used unit from the junkyard. It was on the same side that was hit by the deer, so I don't know if it was one of "those" failures or related to the deer strike.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:27 PM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Looking for Extended Warranty info for my Jeep Cherokee. Can you still get the lifetime Mopar Vehicle Protection plan anywhere? I have searched and found the 8 year 125,000 mile Maximum Care with the $ 100 deductible at www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com. It is priced right at $3,380. I think this is more than I paid for my Lifetime?. The dealership didn't even offer the Mopar Jeep Extended Warranty. They tried to tell me that you couldn't buy it any more. I just really want to get the lifetime. Hopefully someone can help me out with this.