Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

New (to me) '95 Grand Ltd. 5.2L - questions.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default New (to me) '95 Grand Ltd. 5.2L - questions.

So after many years spent in the Wrangler world and haunting that "other" big forum, I finally sold my '03 TJ that was long armed, 4.5" lifted, locked with ARBs f&r, riding 37's, etc. So I'm not new to the Jeep world and definately not new to what makes a good lift, bad lift, mod, how expensive it all adds up being and to the fun of being a Jeep owner. But I FINALLY buckled to my wife's desires and got something more "family friendly". I was searching for a decent condition 98 - 2000 XJ with the 4.0L so I would know what I was dealing with engine, tranny and TC wise, but I found a smokin' deal that I just couldn't turn down on a '95 Grand Cherokee 5.2L Limited. I had to buy it. Luxury, leather & A/C while wheeling? Are you kidding me? Coming from the TJ world, this is fantastic.

But here's the problem. How the heck do I even start with a ZJ? It has 31s on it, so some sort of lift is essential, but it's a unibody. Holy crap Batman! Unibody? What do I do with that? What a different world.

So here I am, looking at all the different companies that offer suspension lifts, bumpers, etc., but where to begin?

And one of my questions for y'all that know these Jeeps...what am I to expect? Gimme the good, bad and ugly. I already need to replace the power seat brain because it was stolen from the PO and the driver's door won't lock by the switch, so I know there's some electrical stuff. The rear wiper doesn't work and I think I remember reading somewhere that someone with a similiar ZJ also had the same issue. But what else am I missing? I've done google searches galore and really can't find much on this particular model. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks all!

Last edited by VanBCguy; 03-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.