Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

just when all is well...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4LI6
Default just when all is well...

I get my first death wobble experience. I mean I have done so much to get this thing right, pcm, all sensors, (mopar) cv shafts, hub bearings, sway bar links and bushings, infamous "coolant sensor bad" message, valve cover gasket, rear main seal, tranny band adj. with fluid and filter,headliner, ac vac. and fill, I mean it was perfect, then I get a slow leak in my front pass. side tire. Could'nt find a hole so I decided to try a can of fix-a-flat to get me by for a little while. Well, long story short, I hit 50 mph and I feel a slight vibration in the steering wheel, go over a slight dip and bam! I have read many d.w. threads, but until you experience it, you really can't grasp it. I mean that is crazy! It would not stop until I slowed to a crawl. Anyway, I am assuming the fix a flat threw my tire out of balance because I have never even had any vibes until this. The tire will be taken care of tomorrow, but I was wondering if I should be concerned about the other death wobble culprits, or is this how a full time 4wd jeep acts with an out of balance tire. Yes it is a 249 tc, but the vc is good.
Wow, I found it hard to believe that a wobble could jerk the wheel out of your hands like other people have said, but now I am a believer!