Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

help!!!!!! please

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default help!!!!!! please

Hi I live in Buffalo,Ny and I was coming home today and went to park my jeep I put it in R and backed up it sounded like metal was dragging on the ground. I got out checked underneath and didnt see anything I parked it. I got out checked the trans fluid no metal. I jacked up the truck the front tires spun freely with a slight drag noise of possible pad contact. I checked the rears they locked up. The rotors are rusted to hell and possibly warped I just bought the thing from a dealer 5 months ago. The pads were squeaking for a little while and when you brake you can feel it grab then let loose then grab like the rotor is warped. I am ordering new rotors but I am wondering how hard is it to change the rotors and pads??? Ive done brakes on cars but I looked at the Haynes manual and it doesnt look easy. Has anyone on here ever change the rotors and pads all round, whats the difficulty level? Should I just have a shop do it the cheapest quote I have found is 230 just to change the pads all round.