Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Help, my jeep is making a ticking noise and i cant figure it out for the life of me

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help, my jeep is making a ticking noise and i cant figure it out for the life of me

Hi all, thanks in advance for taking the time in helping me out. My problem is with my Jeep Laredo. Its a 2006, 4.7, equipped with the all wheel drive, with four wheel low being manual. Nothing fancy, just that. The issue going on is some kind of ticking noise from what sounds like underneath the car. The best way to describe it would be how kids stick baseball cards in their bikes wheels. Now when i am going under 10 mph it doesn't make a noise, nor does it when i am idling. But when i go around 20 on up it gets progressively worse, the faster i go. The weird thing is when i push on the accelerator the noise goes away. In other words its only when i am coasting. I change the oil regularly, and in fact changed it just to be safe again to see if that fixes the problem. I'm not sure if you need any other information but if you do ill obviously give you any you require. A friend told me it might be something to do with the 4 wheel drive gear box. Thanks once again, Pete.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

check the fex plate for cracks