Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger

Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger

Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger and Flange I just replaced my exhaust from the Cat back there is a hanger attached to the cross member were the cat bolts on and is not available at any auto parts store I have checked and most of the flange the cat bolts to is rotted away, I made a reinforcement with 4 sheets of sheet metal but do not know how long it will last? were can I find this hanger and a clamp on flange the front pipe is fine except for the flange. I attached some photos before during and after I just like to do it right and that front pipe is a beast to change so I want to wait till it's needed.
Attached Thumbnails Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger-1.jpg   Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger-2.jpg   Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger-3.jpg   Help with finding Cat crossmember hanger-4.jpg  
Old 07-08-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Also the new cat only had a heat shield on one side I searched and searched to find if it went up toward the body or toward the ground, I put it up to protect the interior from heat the old Cat had a shield on both sides there was noting in the box about direction or on the manufactures site, I will call them later today and see what they say.