- Drain the engine cooling system.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- If required, disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core tubes in the engine compartment.
- Remove the instrument panel. Refer to Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators/ Instrument Cluster / Carrier/ Service and Repair/ Procedures. See: Instrument Panel, Gauges and Warning Indicators\Instrument Cluster / Carrier\Service and Repair
- Remove the five screws (1) that secure the heater core and tube cover (2) to the HVAC housing (3).
- Remove the heater core and tube cover from the HVAC housing.
- If equipped with dual zone heating-A/C, remove the blend door actuator (1) from the passenger side of the HVAC air distribution housing (2). See: Heating and Air Conditioning\Air Door\Air Door Actuator / Motor\Service and Repair
- Remove the screw (3) that secure the heater core tubes (4) and retaining bracket (5) to the HVAC housing (6).
Take proper precautions to protect the carpeting from engine coolant. Have absorbent toweling readily available to clean up any spills.
Part OEM Part Price Heater Core
- Remove the bolt (7) that secures the heater tubes to the heater core (8).
- Disconnect the heater core tubes from the heater core and remove and discard the O-ring seals.
- Install plugs in, or tape over the opened heater core ports.
- Carefully pull the heater core out of the HVAC air distribution housing.
- If required, remove the heater core tubes from the vehicle.
Heater Core 5143101AA $80.10
Warranty Standard Heater Core Replace
B Warranty Pays 2.3 hours
Customer pays 4.6
Does Not Include: Refrigerant Recovery Or Evacuate & Recharge AC System.