Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

Driver side electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Driver side electrical problem

hey guys new to CF but i am an active member on 8thcivic.com so im not new to forums. My parents have a 2004 or 2005 Jeep grand cherokee and the driver side seems to be acting up. after looking through CF it seems to be a common problem, but no one has excactly the same problem as i do

The driver side cant lift up any windows, cant lock or unlock any doors EXCEPT for the driver side, and i cant adjust the passengers side view mirror but i CAN adjust the drivers. The passenger side CAN lock and unlock all the doors EXCEPT the driver side. and i just found something new: when i unlock/lock the doors with the alarm remote, the driver side doesnt unlock/lock. when i lock the doors and activate the alarm, i can open the driver side door without the alarm going off

any help would be great, pics appreciated as well. thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

Originally Posted by jonjon
hey guys new to CF but i am an active member on 8thcivic.com so im not new to forums. My parents have a 2004 or 2005 Jeep grand cherokee and the driver side seems to be acting up. after looking through CF it seems to be a common problem, but no one has excactly the same problem as i do

The driver side cant lift up any windows, cant lock or unlock any doors EXCEPT for the driver side, and i cant adjust the passengers side view mirror but i CAN adjust the drivers. The passenger side CAN lock and unlock all the doors EXCEPT the driver side. and i just found something new: when i unlock/lock the doors with the alarm remote, the driver side doesnt unlock/lock. when i lock the doors and activate the alarm, i can open the driver side door without the alarm going off

any help would be great, pics appreciated as well. thanks!
Check the harness wires in the door jamb going to the drivers door for any pinched or shorted wires. That's the only thing I can think of that would cause the symptoms you describe. IMO
And Welcome to CF!
Dan