Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

dashboard lights issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default dashboard lights issue

A few months ago my Laredo died in traffic - result dead battery which was replaced. After the replacement of battery i noticed 4 dashboard lights on continuously: Airbag Warning Light, Security Alarm Indicator Light, ESP/TCS (traction control) indicator light, ESP/BAS Warning Light. I spend $100 at a franchise service station to perform the diagnostic test but with no results. I suspect the computer module may need to be replaced but would like any thoughts or ideas on other solutions. I never had any issues with dashboard lights until the battery died unexpectedly on the road. Please help. Many thanks. James

2006 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (all wheel drive)
Old 12-16-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: V6 4.0 LITER
Default just a suggestion

have you checked your fuses or relays? i have a 97 so my setup is obviously different. sounds like something could have been shorted or affected by the loss of power from a surge. don't know that. i had a battery that just one day went out on me as well. jeep would crank up and run for a about 30 secs or less and then die. i fortunately, did not have any issues with gauges. i would get a repair manual for your year jeep and read the instrument panel section ( not what or where they are, but specific troubleshooting or replacement section). if nobody with more exact knowledge replies to you, log on to ehow.com . type in their search box causes of bad dashboard gauges. it might say be more specific. like causes of instrument panel failure. or symptoms of bad panel gauges. you will find something that will get you on jeep instrument gauges common symptoms/ problems etc. i have found lots of useful info while seeking other's help in the past on this site.