Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

The Bounce

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2005
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 5.7 litter
Default The Bounce

I have to admit I wish all forums where as good as this one, as I have learned alot from here. Have finally made it down to SC and moved in back in Oct 12. If anyone in here knows how the county roads are in SC (driveway included), they know how they are made. Sand, pavement, and everything between.

My 2005 Jeep shocks are getting a work out on my 1/4 mile driveway. The first part is sand, then it changes to pavement with bumps every inch and the sand and pavement at the same time. When I'm driving on my driveway I have noticed that when the front bumps I think the shocks go all the way down and then back up. Yes I know it all depends on how fast I'm going on it as well.

This move has really taken alot of money out of me, and frankly I'm scare about how much this is going to cost me to replace. Therefore, once again I come asking about what is actually needed for a good ride down my driveway. My last mechinc said that my 2005 had structs, but I read in another forum that all WK models don't have structs. My last question is can a novice change them out?

Sorry about the spelling.