Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

94 grand cherokee, diagnosis = fubar?

Old 12-21-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 94 grand cherokee, diagnosis = fubar?

I installed a new JVC stereo into my jeep. Previous owner did his own wiring all over the place. Seems everything is functioning other than what appears to me to be some type of powering issue. I feel like there might be a capacitor of some sort, somewhere I don't see causing this problem. I'll start my jeep and have power everywhere. Seems the back left window is connected to the sound coming from the stereo because they either work/stop working simultaneously. All other windows work normally. I checked the door jams, tested all fuses, everything seems to be in order. The stereo itself will stay on but the sound will shut off. Then if I shut off the stereo and power it back on the sound will work again, and then do the same randomly. Sometimes I'll be driving and the stereo will be on with no sound, and then the sound will turn on. Even if I am parked so I know something isn't loose (ex. connecting when I hit a bump). Does anyone know what I can look for or check for this issue to be solved?