Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

2001 Grand Cherokee Ltd. Stalls when warm when at stop unless shifted into neutral

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 Grand Cherokee Ltd. Stalls when warm when at stop unless shifted into neutral

My Cherokee with 190000 miles, stalls when stopped or shifted to reverse when its warmed up, but if you shift it into neutral it idles fine. Been to 5 shops, who all supposedly fixed it. My latest mechanic who works primarily on Jeeps, took it to his Transmission guy [(I had already taken it to a Transmission shop who said nothing was wrong with it, however they couldn't get the Jeep to repeat the problem on their machine that replicates driving while stationary (don't know what that machine is called)]. The Transmission guy said it is the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid. But the part # he gave me comes up as an Overdrive Shift Solenoid not TCC solenoid. When I research the symptoms for the OSS they do not match what is going on with my Jeep. I really need some solid advice. Its a really good running truck otherwise. I have done the following to it since I bought it 2 years ago. Battery, Starter, Alternator, O2 sensor, fuel Pump/filter. Thank you