Stock Grand Cherokee Tech. All ZJ/WJ/WK Non-modified/stock questions go here! ZJ (93-98), WJ (99-04), WK (05+)
All ZJ/WJ/WK specific tech questions asked here!

05 laredo ac issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default 05 laredo ac issues

i just picked up this 05 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and i have an issue or issues with the ac system.
1st i started to hear a clicking sound under passenger dash only lasts 30 seconds or so it happens when you start car and or change vent configuration. when you change the vent selector it does change but with some added clicking noise.
2nd ac only blows cold from the drivers side and warm on the passenger side and rear vents.
so i did some research lowered the glove box and noticed the noise when changing vent configuration was coming from the little box (actuator?) that turns some gears witch changes where the air blows from. and also controls the recirculating vent. during my research and troubleshooting i tried to find where the heat door was located because i kept reading that was the issue. so as i turned the temp control **** from cool to heat i could not figure out where the heat doors or actuator was located.
but now all air vents blow HOT air!!!! no mater what its set on but you can still change the vent selector but still with the clicking noise.

any suggestions do i have one problem or multiple?
where is the heat blend door located? is it the same door where i hear the clicking that changes to the different vents?

Last edited by stzac5; 03-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 91
Engine: 4.0L

Just a thought, but would an undercharged condenser do this? If the freon isn't charged high enough, maybe it produces intermittent a/c. Although I suppose it wouldn't make the passenger/driver temps to be different.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wikiwaugh
Just a thought, but would an undercharged condenser do this? If the freon isn't charged high enough, maybe it produces intermittent a/c. Although I suppose it wouldn't make the passenger/driver temps to be different.
Before I started trublrshooting aire was cold on drivers side onle but when I started turning the temp control it seems to be stuck on heat now