Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

What next?

Old 09-08-2016, 07:45 PM

Model: Cherokee
Default What next?

So I have a 98 2 door auto XJ.

Dana 30 front 8.25 rear.
Tranny and transfer case are from a 2001. np231 I think?
90k on the tranny, 175k on the motor/body.

3" in front with moog VR springs and 1" lift spacers
3" in the rear with HD/upcountry springs and 1.5inch shackles
Rustys drop crossmember
Clayton Track Bar/Bracket
ZJ Steering rods/ends
Fixed length LCAs for 3-6" lift

I plan on getting a bumper with extended mounts, and a JCR steering spacer. Might do the steering gear while I am at it.

I don't really do any offroading for the sake of offroading. I primarily use my jeep to get to trailheads for hunting, skiing, rescuing friends stuck cars, etc. Montana roads can be quite exciting though, so far from street driving.

I plan on adding Diff armor and LCA skids for rocks hiding in snow/mud.

So my question is, what else should I do to keep my jeep healthy? I want to be driving this thing when the sun explodes.

I am running 29X10 tires now, but may do 31s at some point for more axle clearance. I will probably never go bigger than 31s though. I also want to eventually have a winch, and up to 700watts of lighting. Probably won't ever run those at the same time though. Am I gonna need a bigger alternator or wiring? Should I be looking at frame reinforcement? LCA frame bracket reinforcement? Skids? Axle/gear swaps for 31s?

Also non suspension/armor tweaks, what can I do with intake/exhaust, oil pan heat, rust prevention, undercoating on wheel wells? Crap like that. I want to prevent rust, frame failure, and optimize engine performance and lifespan.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.