Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

"Purple People Eater" DD 2000 xj

Old 03-08-2010, 05:21 PM

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default "Purple People Eater" DD 2000 xj

well this is my xj i bought it over a year ago. i want to keep it pretty stock until i'm done with school and get the loan paid off. i would like to ad exhaust, a budget boost, cold air intake, and well a few other things i'm sure i'll think of. (oh and its called the purple people eater because the purple makes it nice and girly ) well this is the day i brought it home and cleaned it.

ps: thats the malibu in the back that i got rid of for it! yay!

well first thing to change were those little bald tires. here are the new Yokohama all-terains

ahh... much better
next step was to paint the rims to get rid of rust and get new center caps.. since i was missing one

i put center caps from a liberty on it.. they look really nice and much more clean.
since then i've done a few mechanical things like serpentine belt, fan clutch, blinker relay, blower motor resistor, and then i hit a duck and had to replace the grill. i wish i had some pictures...
just last week for spring break i went home a made an ipod dock in the ash tray. i got the idea from one of the builds on this forum but i can't remember whos it was. but anyways here it is.

it sits right inside the ashtray...

well this is all i have done for now once i'm home for summer break i'll put the budget boost on it and get some more pictures..
Old 03-08-2010, 05:46 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2004
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.7L V8

That's a nice looking XJ, and nice pics too.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Engine: 4.0I6

how did you do the ipod dock? did you remove the ashtray and drill the bottom out and glue the little dock in the bottom of it? ive been just sticking mine in the ashtray anyways
Old 03-09-2010, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by ceejay612 View Post
how did you do the ipod dock? did you remove the ashtray and drill the bottom out and glue the little dock in the bottom of it? ive been just sticking mine in the ashtray anyways
i pulled out the ash tray and made an aluminum piece to hold the ipod end of the plug... heres a pic of the inside

ps: excuse my paint job.. i get pretty impatient so its all bubbly
Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 AM

i've got a question for you guys: i was thinking about painting the plastic trim on my jeep. i like it when it looks nice and black but i'm sick of always putting the shiny stuff on it. so what would you guys recomend using? or would you even recomend painting it
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0L HO

the general consensus from what i've heard is Krylon Fusion, havent done it myself yet, but we're doing it in about a week to my brother's and my buddies trim
Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Year: 2000 sport

When I repainted parts on my hopefully soon to be gone explorer I used a satin black spray paint from Oreilly's. I think it was made by duplicolor. With proper prep it works great. I did the grill, B-posts, mirrors, D-posts, wipers, and roof rack. It took ten years off the beast. Just take your time and do it right. Good luck
Old 06-16-2010, 05:47 PM

thanks guys.. i haven't done any cosmetic stuff to my jeep yet this summer.. but just replaced the front hubs and the front axel u-joints.. it was really easy