Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project: Young Guns 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Cool Project: Young Guns 2.0

Hello all, I couldn't edit my old threads name or first post so i started a new one. the one before was another xj build.

The jeep

Here's what i have, a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2wd. with an 8.25 in the rear, an inline 6, and auto transmission , everything is bone stock besides the Pacer Rims the previous owner put on.

My dad bought the car from a co-worker at his work, it was absolutely filthy when he brought it home, filled with sand and everything imaginable, it has the worlds worst death wobble, a saggy headliner, broken rear view mirror a leaking transmission line which was clipped by radiator apparently, and 175k. Not bad for $1100. I'll only be paying 800 for it when i get it.

The jeep was bought back in april of 2010.

as far as general maintenance i have no clue whats been done before we had it, This weekend, i changed the oil which was quite a eventful and pricey task which should've been alot easier.
The oil pan bolt fell in the drip pan, the oil pressure sensor broke after i had poured 5qts of Pennzoil in it. So after a trip to Auto Zone and a $30 part and $20 worth more of oil i was set. This turned into an $80 change

This past weekend i also re-painted all the bumpers, flares, bottoms of doors, and wipers black. Looks way better.

So here are some of my plans,

Some sort of bastard pack, still haven't really learned everything ill need.

Safari roof Rack with 4 KC lights
OrFab front bumper with winch and 3 KC lights
Pioneer head Unit
4kicker speakers.
1 JL Sub
Crager Wheels
Mickey Thompson MTZ
tires
VHT all tail lights and Turn signals
Tint windows
Do a seat swap from a grand cherokee or some other vehicle
build some sort of storage system in back
Probably an ARB locker in the rear
New LED halo headlights off Ebay, ( Cheap lol )

A good start I guess

This will be my daily driver and weekend wheeler

Here are some pics not the greatest but will post some better ones when its sunny again.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:34 PM
CF Veteran

Any thoughts?
Old 07-17-2011, 11:32 PM
CF Veteran

i feel very stupid right about now, i couldnt figure out why my lights inside wouldn't turn off and turns out the **** was in the always on spot, guess i know what that does now lol, also reconected a vaccum line to what i was told my heater. spent 2 hours trying to figure that out. hands are dirtier than ever lol
Old 07-17-2011, 11:49 PM
CF Veteran

My co-pilot checking out a tomato
Attached Thumbnails Project: Young Guns 2.0-image-3304576977.jpg  
Old 07-18-2011, 08:55 AM
CF Veteran

So i get to deal with floor guys in my house all day, so i get to be on CF all day and browse the internet for everything i want
Old 07-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Resident Zombie Hunter

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0L

looks like a great start. Do you plan on converting to 4wd or just having fun with the locker out back? Love the pooch. The Mrs wants a Dane really bad but we've already got to dogs and we just live in a town house so we'll have to wait on that one.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:00 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Red82
looks like a great start. Do you plan on converting to 4wd or just having fun with the locker out back? Love the pooch. The Mrs wants a Dane really bad but we've already got to dogs and we just live in a town house so we'll have to wait on that one.
If i can find a donor jeep, i wouldnt mind swapping over the tranny and tcase, but if not im completely fine with it in 2wd and a locker, my goal is to eventually get another daily driver ( 01 xj sport ) swap all the stuff from this one over, than sell this one and buy another 4wd trail rig and go crazy on it, probably gonna be a while before that but o well and yeah danes are awesome dogs, complete couch potatoes, protective, and very athletic when outside, and always trying to please, we used to have another black dane but decided to give him away cause he was taking attention away from her and she was there first, but now shes better than ever. sleeps at the foot of my bed every night. the only downside to them is the health issues, they commonly get hip displasia, bloat ( life threatening if not brought in to surgery immediately ) and a short avg life span of 7-8 years, not to mention you have to buy 50lbs bag of food from sams club every month usaully, but overall a great dog, i suggest getting one at a puppy, and that thing will be so attatched to you lol. but just train them early

Last edited by XJ BoSS; 07-18-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Resident Zombie Hunter

That's exactly why we want one! But the short life span scares me. That's been one of the things holding me back. I get crazy attached to mu dogs and the thought of such a short life freaks me out a bit. But they're so good with kids I think it'll be a must in a few years.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 AM
CF Veteran

That's exactly why we want one! But the short life span scares me. That's been one of the things holding me back. I get crazy attached to mu dogs and the thought of such a short life freaks me out a bit. But they're so good with kids I think it'll be a must in a few years.
the life span is a bad thing, but im sure if you got one that was properly breeded, akc registered, ( spent the money ) lol, and you gave it proper health care, the dane may last longer, i also get extremely attached,
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
CF Veteran

and by the way hurry up and swap your suspensions out lol
Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 AM

Year: 1986
Engine: 2.8L V6

Looks like a good start to your build and plans. Be sure to watch classifieds and stuff for a donor truck. Instead of craigslist, I use www.searchtempest.com It's a multi city craigslist search. You can search within a certian mileage of your zip. Makes it easy finding stuff. Thats how I ended up with my 4bt cummins sitting back home.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 AM
CF Veteran

I will definetely check it out,
Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM
CF Veteran

Guess what came in the mail.... 10.2 deck height, conventional heads BBC sheet metal tunnel ram intake, dual Holley 1050cfm brand new carbs, and nos fogger system.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Resident Zombie Hunter

Originally Posted by Rhutchinson609
and by the way hurry up and swap your suspensions out lol
2 weeks!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:24 PM
CF Veteran

2 weeks!
Haha, cant wait to see it, you just gonna sell that 2wd xj or keep it for a vehicle?

Quick Reply: Project: Young Guns 2.0