Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Stacey

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999 4 door sport
Model: Cherokee
Engine: straigh 6
Arrow Project Stacey

Hello every one,

This august I purchased a 1999 XJ, she is a 4 door sport. I have a long list of things that i would like to do to here to get her ready to curb stomp the world. However, I am plagued by problems to start (mostly my fault). The most recent of which was a major vibration (at 65mph i sounded like a B-17). I am sure that i isolated the vibration to the left front, but am still not sure of the cause of it. That would be problem 1

Problem 2 is that this vibration caused a major malfunction in my transfer case. I have either blown a seal or blown a gasket and will either need to rebuild or replace it.

I have been told (by a well seasoned mechanic) that i can do all of the work myself but i need to know about how much i should expect to pay for a salvage yard transfer case, and what i can do to diagnose the cause of this disaster. (my thoughts are 1. wheel baring 2. u-joints 3. whatever is wrong with the transfer case).

Any thoughts you guys have would be great!

Last edited by NU-XJ; 11-30-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: typo