Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Old Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0
Default The Old Buggy

I never started one of these threads, so everything up until now may not have pictures. I have owned this Jeep since February of 2012.

I picked this 98 up from a guy who came into work for $2000. He bought $400 worth of muffler and tune up parts from me the day before I bought it and even put it all in before I came to test drive it.

It is a 1998 2 Door SE. It was bone stock when I got it. The previous owner had a small TV station he owned, and this was more or less a grounds vehicle, and used to carry cameras around. He was retired and moving to Florida. It had 120,000 on the clock, and a folder full of maintenance records.

Here is the stock picture.

I Had a rear bumper built with a hitch box since I have a boat. Shortly after that I installed a Zone Offroad 3.5" full lift, and Treadwright 31x10's. I also did some small things like bedline the fenders and bumper caps. I also had the three back windows tinted because I felt like I was driving a fishbowl.

The guy who built my rear bumper had a front bumper laying around that he made for someone else and they never paid. He sold it to me for a steal. Not everyone likes how far the sides stick out, but I haven't had an issue with them yet. If I do, a cut off wheel will fix it and I'll have my neighbor weld the ends up. I also upgraded the headlights and harness, and put on a set of Hella 500ffs.

I also did a ZJ tie rod for good measure.

I put a Soundbar in from the junkyard and put a Pioneer stereo and speakers all around. No pictures of it finished, but I stripped the headliner material off and scraped all the foam and glue off of it (what a pain in the ***) and bedlined it.

Thats about it for all the major things so for. I just started another project on it today and am gathering parts. This is the first hole in the front bumper. Any guesses?