Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to this. XJ '99

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Default New to this. XJ '99

So I have had my Cherokee for a long while, it has been my daily driver for nearly a decade with very little headache. Shes gettin old and is in need of some love. I am looking at getting a new commuter (even though nothing gas efficient looks appealing to me) to take the stress off and to invest a little money into some nice things for her.

I think i have decided on the RC 3" series II kit. From doing research on peoples opinions in other threads. I work alot and dont have too much time to go real off roading, but i just need new rear springs and new shocks bad, so i thought might as well give a little lift, get some cool tires and maybe start to get into taking it into the woods sometimes.

I have some questions that i hope some people with experience could answer. Some i researched already, but everyone has such differing opinions.

Should i just add the extended brake cables onto my order?

I know in the state of NJ your fender flares are supposed to come out past your tires, do i need to order them right away? Have alot of people been pulled over for not having them?

Is changing out the parts easy enough to do in my driveway without a shop hydraulic lift?

I was thinking BFG KO2s but on the rough country website they dont carry those. I was thinking i might get a better deal ordering all this stuff at once so i was maybe going to go with some Mickey Thompson wheels and the Baja STZ Radial tires since they look more practical for on road. Thoughts on if the BFGs are way better?

I guess most of these questions are related to what i should order because i want to get this show on the road today or tomorrow haha. Thanks in advance for any advice!