Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new jeep project "The Gremlin".

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 95
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Talking My new jeep project "The Gremlin".

This will probly take me awhile but im goin to get her done as fast as possible but money is thin.. here are some pictures..
Attached Images   
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Seasoned Member

i will be posting new pics tomorrow of some of the work ive been doin in my highschool auto body class and i will be getting another job soon to be getting my lift and tires.. i want to put a roughcountry 4.5 on it and do a set of either 34 inch swampers or a set of 35 inch mudterrains...
Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2001

you have a lot of fender trimming to do to clear a tire that big on a 4.5
Old 10-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2001

but i always liked the way small lifts look with big tires. Good luck
Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Seasoned Member

Thanks and i know im gonna trim them pretty good... but that will have to wait my radiater started leaking today and i gotta get a new one of those very soon... money is very tight so im gonna have to get that a new axle shaft and all that good stuff before the lift and tires come so im hopin that it all works out as planned i want this bad boy done by this spring me and my buddies are goin to the badlands for our second week of springbreak that will be the due date for the gremlin so wish me luck.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 I6

Originally Posted by jeeptilldeath
i will be posting new pics tomorrow of some of the work ive been doin in my highschool auto body class and i will be getting another job soon to be getting my lift and tires..
You're hella lucky you got auto body class at your school, my school's too poor to have any shop classes, and my it's ghetto enough that there would be a huge risk of people killing each other with the tools. I gotta settle for working on mine in the driveway.. but then again it would be stupid for me to do any serious mods cuz the closest place that I can take it off road is 60 miles away and gas is really expensive here... Sometimes I hate california.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Seasoned Member

yea its fun.. im also in auto technology which is everything mechanical... but all of that stuff i will do in my driveway. its alot funner to me bein on the ground on a sheet of cardboard. it just makes if feel more personal. jackstands are your friends but use a lift if you have one
Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 I6

Thats cool. Right now I'm thinking about getting a '91 2 door for hella cheap and fixing it up, but my only problem is it needs some serious work and I need to find a place to do it, and some technical advise cuz besides the pretty simple stuff I don't really know what I'm doing. I'll probably end up giving it to my sister when she gets her license cuz I don't really need 2 jeeps.. jw, is yours a 95 or a 96, and how many miles does it have on it?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Seasoned Member

yea mine is a 95... it has im pretty sure 146,750 something like that. its around the time where i need to replace ****. my radiater just blew out so im just gonna drive like a stole it till then.. but right now to up date i am currently workin on putting boat side rockers in. ive got my driverside cut out and ready to be welded i will have the driverside done in a few days i will post pics of everything done so far in a few days. i have removed fender flares and filled the holes with fiberglass and bondo. waiting till i get the lift to trim. will update more tommorrow afternoon.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:44 AM

Engine: i6

nice
Old 10-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Seasoned Member

i have the driverside rockers ready to be welded will atleast get half of it put up tommorrow so pics will be here tommorrow. and to correct myself i have 146,944 miles on my jeep. .
Old 10-30-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2000

What alxes does it have? And run 35s.. much more common..easier to get a spare and such
Old 10-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Seasoned Member

well i didnt get anything done today for to reasons. one because our mig welder broke. and two which took up all of my time i had a screw in my tire. i had to patch it in the time i had. but good news is i might be getting a set of dana 44's exiting.. and im pretty sure they allready are locked out. which makes me happy.. well next week is when the updates will come.. this weekend im going to try to make my shifter and get some pics for you guys... talk to you later...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Member

well i got half of the rocker welded today but i cant find the cord to upload pics. so i will try to get pics soon.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Seasoned Member

sorry its taken me so long to update. but i have the drivers side rockers fixed and prymed. im charging my camera tonight and finding the cord for to upload. ive got the other side cut out im cleaning them up tomorrow and making the new piece to fit in. i will be taking pics of the whole thing through so i will have that for yall to look at. and another plus ive fixed the radiater and im getting a new ujoint for the front axle shaft this weekend. cant wait to see what the gremlin will do stock.

Quick Reply: My new jeep project "The Gremlin".