Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My little black xj

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default My little black xj

Well, i'm new to this forum, but i'm definitely not new to forums. Anyways, here's how my jeep started.

Hooked up some tunes. 2 sony xplods powered by a 900w rockford phosgate amp.

Put on a RE 3.5" lift.

Got some 31s for $40 and herculined the lower panels.

Replaced the rear axle with a chrysler 29 spline that came out of a '96.

As soon as I put in the axle, I found a dana 44 for $90 at the junkyard. I have yet to put it on so it's just sitting in my sideyard :P

I added some different beats.

I have a hifonics 2600w amp powering my subs and a jbl 90w RMS x 4 amp powering my door speakers. I got bored of the 10s so I did a little upgrade.

Fi 18" BL. Right now it's only getting 1800W RMS so it's a little underpowered, but it still BUMPS. The box is 9.5ft^3 tuned to 24hz. It hits LOW. The stupid thing draws so much power I had to add a secondary battery, duralast blue top 1000CCA, and I also did the big 3. The big 3 is a common upgrade that replaces the stock wiring between the altenator to the battery, battery to the frame, and the battery to the engine block with 0 guage wiring.

I made some rocksliders from 3/16" plate and 1/8" 2x4 square. They are sitting in my sideyard. The welder I had took a dump on me right after finishing up the sliders, so its going to be awhile before i can buy another one to weld them onto the frame.

After breaking my LCA mounts, I welded on new ones that I purchases through quadratec.

I made a rear bumper.

I added some 110v into my jeep.

Whats nice is that i have a battery isolater between my front battery and the secondary battery, so i can run the inverter without draining my main battery. It's really nice for when i'm camping and I can run an electric blanket all night and my jeep starts fine in the morning.

I pulled up the carpets and of course found rust. I sanded what I could, replaced what I had to, and bedlined it.

I installed a front aussie locker. Idon't have a picture of it installed, but I do have a picture of how I had to remove the carrier. That thing was stubborn!

I've been on a college budget during the entire build so it's been a slow process. All in all, i'm happy with it, but I am definitely not finished. Right now I have some 33s and a rear locker in the works.

And of course, some poser pics.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Front Toward Enemy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 L 242 Power Tech I6, 193 hp (144 kW).

Where is everyone getting these used tires for $30-$60? I look and look and nada...
Old 01-03-2010, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddies buddies, who knew a girls xhusband was selling them. Basically some random guy had them in his side yard for 10 years was selling them. The tires themselves where either made in 1992 or 1982. They lasted about 6,000 miles and so I replaced them with 31" BFG AT that i got for free
Old 01-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Renix Super Guru

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1990XJ/1989MJ
Model: Comanche
Engine: 4.0L Renix

Originally Posted by LittleBlackXj
My buddies buddies, who knew a girls xhusband was selling them. Basically some random guy had them in his side yard for 10 years was selling them. The tires themselves where either made in 1992 or 1982. They lasted about 6,000 miles and so I replaced them with 31" BFG AT that i got for free
Free is almost always a good price.