Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first jeep build.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default My first jeep build.

Hey guys I recently got an 88 four door cherokee that I'm looking to make my first actual build. So for the build I'm gonna put a 6.0 v8 lq4 with a Ford t18 4 speed transmission and a dana300 transfer case along with dana60 axles front and back while sitting on 40s with beadlocks.
Here are some pics of what I started with

First I started by ripping out the entire interior to see what condition the floors were in.

Had my first casualty tool wise while trying to take out the seats..

After I got the interior out I started taking out the transmission and transfer case. Ran into a problem with the back driveshaft, PO stripped out the bolts holding the straps on the rear driveshaft so instead of fighting with those I decided to just cut the rear driveshaft in half since eventually I won't need that shaft or axle.

This thing was covered in more crud and dirt than I've seen, even after a pressure wash.

Almost couldn't even make out the bolts because of how dirty it was.
after I got the transmission and transfercase out, I started to rip things outta the engine bay so I can pull that out of it. But I don't have a cherry picker yet so the engines gonna stay there till payday. I'm pretty sure I have everything disconnected so that once I get the picker I can just pull the engine right out.

With being at a standstill with the engine I decided to start cutting out all the rust and rot on the floor boards so I can replace the 22g floors with thicker 18g floor. It ended up being a little more rust than I thought but still not ridiculous.

With all this done now I'm stuck till payday when I get a picker and some 18g steel sheets for the floor.