Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

My first Jeep

Old 10-16-2015, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default My first Jeep

First off let me introduce myself! My name is Jeremy and I am a newbie jeep addict! I first got exposed to a XJ when I was a sophomore in Highschool. It was a brand new 98 sport that belonged to a buddies mom and she let him take it to school one day, which of course we took cruising around at lunch. Ever since then I always like and wanted one but I was always into hot rods and fast cars so ended up with so many others over the years. Well last Oct I needed transportation other than my mtn bike that I spent the summer riding after selling my truck and buying the wife a new car.................So looking for a cheap daily winter car I came across a 96 2dr sport 4.0 5spd 4x4 for $1,600 so I called the guy up to go check it out. when I show up and go to test drive it the starter decided it was gonna die, so I do the old tap on it trick which works and is a great bargaining chip for me!!! And of course it was gonna need a few other things like a really good detail, a exhaust manifold and a shift **** to start with. So I offer him $800 cash and leave with the title and my first jeep!!!!

After I got it home I put a new starter in it $65 and vacuumed it out (the bare minimum it needed!) and the wife was having a yard sale which she happend to have my nieces batting bag in, so the thought of "hey that's a nice baseball! And it would work great as a cheap shift ****!" Popped in my head. So since I was headed back to work I decided to take it and drill it out. A few month's later I came across some 31x10.5R15 MT MTZ's for a good trade that I picked up with only 100 miles on them so I started to look for wheels a bought a set of Jeep Wrangler RME alcoas that unfortunately sat for 8 months while I tried to decide how tall I wanted the jeep and with what and also Bc work was sending me all over the world I ended up selling for a decent profit. So in between trips to Scotland and China I recently picked up a set of five 04 rubi moab's wearing 245/75R16 Kevlar GY MTR's with 90% tread for $300! I sold the ZJ canyons with 4 different (same size) tires for $160 to help out some of the cost of new shoes. I also in the same weekend picked up a TNT long arm setup and track bar with a RE 7.5" lift (I won't use) for cheap. Which leads me to current state and plans...........

Near future-

OME 3.5" lift
TNT long arms & track bar
Bushwacker flat fenders
JCR front and rear bumpers

Is what I want so far, I don't really plan to far out because my mind changes so much!

I will try to upload what pics I have and comments are welcome!
Attached Thumbnails My first Jeep-image.jpeg  
Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 PM

Old 10-16-2015, 10:34 PM

This is after molding/sticker removal and a bath!

Old 10-16-2015, 10:36 PM

Old 10-16-2015, 10:41 PM

Mickey Thompson's and alcoas just mocked up

Well needed cup holder!

Moab's!

Currently!

Old 10-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998

I plan on putting moab's on mine, but those Alcoa's are awesome. Gonna be hard to keep clean though. I had fully polished wheels before. Never again.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:15 AM

I really liked the alcoa's but it was gonna be awhile before I could put them to use and I was able to profit some from them. I really Like the Moab's now that they are on! plus they just wipe down!