Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my budget build the four angry squirrels

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default my budget build the four angry squirrels

So I have been wanting another cherokee since I had to leave my first one down in ARZ after college. I miss going wheeling and having a rig to go hunting and fishing in, plus my oldest son will be four at the beginning of the year and I wanted a rig that I could work on with them at teach them with. So what better way then with a wheeling rig!!!. So I started asking around for people that might know of some for sale, then my buddy found me one from one of his family members for free which got the ball rolling. Then I came across two sitting out in a field and pick them up for $200 a peice. The one that I decided to run with was owed by the guys daughter and told me that it ran good when they park it. The only thing wrong with it was her ex husbend tryed to still it and broke the stearing columb and and ignition switch. The plus is the guy owns a trany shop and said they just rebuilt the AX5 tranny and put a new clutch. The bad was the interior and the passenger side was all bet up. But the other cherokee had a 4" lift with a straight body and good interior. So now it is time to make a good jeep out of the three that I have.

the freeby

the two I found in the field

For got to get good pics of the tan one but it was just for parts. Got the front clip pulled and passenger doors off and put on the one I am buuilding. But also have the front and rear end pulled almost completely stripped and ready to have hald off.

and the new panels on the jeep

then it was time to swap the lift over

Now it is time to start trimming the wheel wells and then paint. After theat finish up the interior and then tuneup can't wait to have that part done to get it in the hills and see what i need to fix.

my cousin and my jeep

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh ya i have alot of extra parts for sale so if there is something you need just hit me up I will see what I have to fit your needs.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:33 AM

Year: 1987
Engine: 4.0

Very nice start . And very cheap Looks like your about ready to hit some trails. Wat color you plan on painting it?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:26 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1990
Engine: 4.o

And on this day a Phoenix rose from the ashes!

lokks great DO WORK SCHUTBE
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM

Year: 91
Engine: 4.0L

I'll be watching this one for sure! Paint it OD Green or Desert Tan with black trim
Old 09-17-2011, 09:57 AM

I was thinking about painting snow camo but haven't been able to find a good paint good that is not done professionally that looks good so I don't know yet. But I need to find out soon so I know how I am going to finish out my interior.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM

Year: 91

Urdan camo would look sweet too. You can get PPG flats and simi-gloss, shoot the paint yourself. I sprayed mine, PPG simi-gloss OD Green, 5 coats. Urdan camo and snow camo are pretty similar.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Year: 1992
Engine: 4.oL H.O. 784 injectors, EV6 to EV1 connectors, APN header, Dynomax exhaust

Aervoe works great. Their camo paint line meets federal color standards and looks damn good. Here's mine after I spraybombed it.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 PM

that does look good, nice work man. but still have no idea what way i want to go.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 PM

will I got to work on the jeep alittle today moved my front fender flare up about 2 1/2" and trimmed alot of sheet metal. Then on the back just cut the flares alittle and opened up the lower a little and trimmed some metal underneath.

stock with full flare

raised and cut flare

some shoots of the almost finished inside just need to weld up the fander support bar.

the factor rear fender

wife snapped a couple pics of me

the cut flares and opened wheel well.

some side shoots of both done

know just need to do the same to the other side, one step closer to painting it.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Seasoned Member

Can't wait to see what you do with paint. It should look really nice.

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you don't have the seats in. Any interior plans? (like floor bedliner, ect...)
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 AM

no all the seat are pylled out and I am waiting to see what I end up painting the out side to finish up the in side. I think I am going to keep the carpet but plan on redoing the head liner, panels and seats plus make a set of half doors and new plans for them to.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1991

I love seeing someone take a couple beat up jeeps and combine them to make one good one! Looks like the build is moving right along, nice work!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 AM

thanks bud, it is going good just can't wait to be able to walk again and get back to working on it at hunder precent again. having a bum leg and foot kind of slows down how fast you can work.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:43 AM

well i got the passenger side finders raised up and the wheel wells opened and am currently working on making some home made quick disconnect front sway bars using the front and rear sway bars links will post some pics after i get it instald and can show how i did it with the ones that are in the jeep.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Cherokee Forum Vendor

Originally Posted by duafacia
Aervoe works great. Their camo paint line meets federal color standards and looks damn good. Here's mine after I spraybombed it.

I'm not a fan of camo... But damn thats a good looking camo paint job. Would look SICK eather all olive or in a sand drab.

Quick Reply: my budget build the four angry squirrels