Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 89 Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 L6
Default My 89 Cherokee

Hi guys, im new to this forum, and thought i would give it a go. I bought my cherokee for $150 last may. Talk about an upgrade! Obviously, with the price i paid, there were problems with it. The entire rear diff. was completely shot, the alternator screamed at me when she idled, and the p/s pump was burned out and leaked about 1/2 quart of fluid a day, and the paint is extremely faded. After getting the differential repaired by a mechanic (i know quite a bit, but only being 18 at the time i dont know enough to toy with re-gearing, and rebuilding a whole axle) Once i got it back, i replaced the power steering pump, alternator, and serpentine belt. Then the jeep purred like a kitten! once all was said and done, i went ahead and made it my daily driver. i recently replaced the water pump, and idler pulley because they were starting to go out on me, which is expected for the year and apparant lack of care the previous owner gave it. Not too long ago, i decided to dress it up a bit, so i repainted the bottom of each panel, and the fender flares. Here is a before and after picture of the dress-up!
Attached Thumbnails My 89 Cherokee-before.jpg   My 89 Cherokee-after-2.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0

Looks good and you can't beat that price. wish I could find some around here for that price.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Engine: 4.0 L6

UPDATE:

last week, i got the idea to repaint my wheels. Despite some negative feedback about the little project to come from my friends, I decided to enlist in the help of my lovely girlfriend and paint the wheels. I wanted to get over all the rusted out, and faded aluminum, and hopefully bring the chrome out a lot...turns out it definately did that. The chrome shines out twice as strong.

Also did a transmission flush on Thursday. The fluid coming out was BLACK, and came with little bits of metal, new fluid added and she shifts smooth as silk!
Attached Thumbnails My 89 Cherokee-100_0172.jpg