Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean Green Jeep Machine

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Mean Green Jeep Machine

So officially got my 2nd XJ on the road today. Picked it up for $3100 after my 1st XJ was totaled. It has 146700, went right through inspection, and is a limited so it's loaded. I was kinda bummed out that i couldn't find another XJ with an AX15 since i love manual, but you can't have everything i guess. Anyway I figured I'd make a build thread for fun.

Future plans: Swapping the 3in Zone lift and wheels and tires onto the green machine, along with some other goodies like my blue-tooth stereo and 10" sub. Apart from that it'll be whatever I can afford and am in the mood for ordering.

Here's some pics of the old and new

The old rig right after the lift

It doesn't look that bad but it was totaled so I just went ahead and grabbed a replacement jeep since I had the money in my hand.

The new green machine!

Had to put seat covers on since the front seat was ripped to pieces. Check out that sunroof though

The first thing I do for any of my vehicles is make a shift ****, just a weird tradition I suppose. I spun that out of walnut, first **** I've ever tried to make for an auto but i think it turned out ok.

On my way to becoming a jeepaholic, stay tuned for more....cheers
Old 09-26-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 Liter I6 PowerTech

Nice new Jeep man. Green XJ's are the best.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.5L Stroker

My favorite color combo and a limited. What year? If it's a 99then you got my dream xj. Looking forward to build
Old 09-26-2014, 08:35 PM

Can you post a pic of the sunroof?
Old 09-27-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by GallasCherokee
Can you post a pic of the sunroof?
Here ya go

whoever installed it did a pretty good job, almost looks factory.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:06 AM

What did they use for the trim on the inside?
Old 09-29-2014, 02:47 PM

Swapped my radio over the other day. Since the old unit was a pioneer as well it was really a piece of cake.

out with the old

I used the harness from my other XJ since it was less of a rats nest

Bluetooth connectivity is da bomb

Found an amp sitting around that would fit under my back seat

Little 10" kicks just hard enough, but isn't obnoxious. I'm going to start keeping my eyes open for a sub box that fits in the right side trim panel to conserve cargo space.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:39 PM

Did some general maintenance things today to keep the Jeep happy. Oil, plugs, plug wires, dist. cap and rotor. The old plugs were all worn down resulting in the gaps being waaayyyy off , so I'm glad i decided to change them. The old dist. cap was also pretty corroded and the rotor was all burnt looking. Money well spent in my opinion
Old 10-02-2014, 06:57 PM

Cannibalized my old blue Jeep and tore the lift off it. Now I just need to find some time to put it on the new Jeep before it gets cold.

Sorry Jeep

Ready to put all this goodness on the new XJ

Oh and also my IRO adj track bar came today, love getting jeep parts
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 4.0 Liter I6 PowerTech

Nice, green jeep is gonna get lifted!
Old 10-05-2014, 08:49 PM

Started to put my Zone lift on today. Wrenched on the jeep all day and still only managed to get the front done and start taking apart the back. So now I'm out a vehicle for another day or two, why these things take me so long I do not know. It didn't help that when i went to replace the soft-line in the back the hard-line decided to split Luckily I had replaced the hard brake line in the old jeep back in February so I pulled that off and put it on. But still i really didn't feel like doing brake lines today. Eventually I ran out of daylight and got hungry so I quit for the day. On a positive note the front half looks great, and that IRO track bar is straight up BEEF!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:01 AM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0 I6

I'm just finally going to be able to drive my Jeep again tomorrow after about 2 months! Haha. My dad and I replaced my entire floor, front to back. In the mean time, I was stuck in my mom's mini van.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:43 PM

So the Jeep is finally rolling again, YYAAAYYY. Now with new coils, shocks, leaf springs, LCA's, rear brake line, different wheels and tires, and track bar. T-case drop coming soon to sort out my driveline vibes. I only took the thing up the driveway, which was enough to tell me i need a t-case drop. Also my shackle angle is crap so I'll probably use it as excuse to learn how to weld and make some relocation brackets. It remains to be seen whether it'll all fall apart when i hit the highway .

I always make a huge mess

While I was trying to take off the leaf spring on the right spring the bolt in the front (unsure of technical name) had rusted to the sleeve inside the bushing. Meaning I had to cut apart the leaf spring and bushing to get vice grips on it. This happened on my other jeep, same thing, same bolt, I cannot be the only one this happens to. It is a huge P.I.T.A! and results in a useless leaf when done.

Oh also just when i though i was done the wheel cylinder broke. I just about cried when this happened, I was so close. So it was PARTS JEEP TO THE RESCUE. I'd never taken apart a brake drum before so that was fun, actually its a lot easier than I thought it would be.

My phone died so I don't have any pictures of the post-lift. I'll put some up soon. Lift round two is under my belt, as always stay tuned....cheers
Old 10-08-2014, 10:39 AM

Old 10-11-2014, 10:00 AM

Put my T-case drop in (1in). Still getting some drive line vibes, but definitely not as bad. I also have some pretty bad engine vibes up around 3k rpm, I'm thinking it may be my flexplate? It kind of all blends in with the drive line vibes and makes it terribly confusing as to which is vibrating at any given point. So i need to address the engine vibes before i can decide if I need to dive into the SYE world.

Quick Reply: Mean Green Jeep Machine