Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lug nut from hell

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Lug nut from hell

ATTENTION! I own a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0. I have to replace my wheel cylinder on the driver side rear. I already have the part I need but for a week straight I have been trying to get off one stuck lug nut (LUG NUT FROM HELL) this thing is STUCK! I have had myself and four other men try to get this off. I have taken it to a tire shop to get it off and they could not even make it move. I tried the drill out method for 2.5 hours tonight and it still isn't going anywhere I can't torch it off do to the fact that I have aluminum wheels and I am all out of options I would cut it off but I don't have access to the tool I need. Can someone please help me because everyone along with myself is all out of options on what to do. THANKS
Old 01-29-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0

You could pull the c clip and then yank the axle shaft with the brake drum and wheel attached. You'd obviously have to replace all that. I assume you already tried a breaker bar with a long pipe over it.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:45 AM
CF Veteran

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

I had the exact same thing happen on my comanche a few years ago. Ended up using a hammer and chisel, and Splitting the lug nut off in pieces, and replacing the wheel stud