Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klampyz First 4wd! XJ Cherokee

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Klampyz First 4wd! XJ Cherokee

Hi there! My name is Brendan, most people call me Klampy. From australia, and have just bought my first 4wd. I found this Jeep on ebay, and discovered it was close to where I live. figured why not.

its been unregod for 6years, and for some reason the brake pedal goes to the floor. (im hoping it just needs to be bled properly..) and then a quick clean underneath her should hopefully see her through a safety inspection and back on the road!

I truly cant wait to get it in my driveway! (I havent actually got her yet!)

oh, and the motor seems strong as, auto shifts nicely, and it slots thru the 4wd gears nicely too.

is there any issues i should be keeping my eye on once i get it?

its a "white thunder" edition ( whatever that is....) and has a CD stacker, elec windows, (thats all ive noticed in the 5mins i sat in it for..)

oh, and the motor, once warm, has a consistent miss on what seems to be every second cycle. but is fine under load. ill be giving it a good service when i get her so hopefully its nothing major.

anyway, enough dribble. PICS!

I hope to share a wonderful 4wd, and not a sour lemon!

Last edited by klampykixx; 11-07-2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: re-uploaded the pics for bigger ones.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:43 AM

Hi guys, i know this probably isnt the place to ask these questions, but im sure i will get told otherwise...

iv read about relocating the IAT sensor, why would one do that? i would have thought the ecu worked within a range, and moving it from the intake to the airbox would yield off chart results??

and also, with the injectors, i have some bosch 18lbs injectors that have the nice conical spray pattern, will that be enough fuel for the motor to run as ive read they run on 22lbs injectors??

thats all for now, im sure ill think of other things to ask.

thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM

i now officially own it!