Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Judy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:25 AM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0L

Bought my XJ August of last year, I liked it as soon as I got in it.
1999 jeep Cherokee sport
4x4 part time
Tow package (took hitch off, detail later)
Pioneer deck already installed w/ new front door speakers
Surprisingly little rust for a car that lived in Minnesota

Up until last week we had replaced:
Radiator and fluid
Tranny fluid
Muffler
Tires - 235/75/15 Goodyear Wranglers from sam's club

Back in December I wasn't paying attention and I rear ended a late 90's Buick. Took out my radiator, front clip, and tweaked my frame in about an inch and a half. Drove it home and Judy got a new radiator and front clip (certa fit makes good cheap body parts!) for about $400

Last weekend my dad and I installed a RC 3" lift with full packs. This fixes the saggy leaf problem I had and makes my rig look badass.

Had to cut the front eye of my old ones off because that bolt refused to back out. New bolts at the jeep dealership $8 apiece, could've been worse. After it got done and aligned, I went out to test my new flex, with the swaybar on because I'm too lazy to take it off until I get discos, and that's not even on my list yet (go figure)

plans:
Front and rear bumpers by XJPRO

Put 2" bb on top of my 3" for a total of 5"

IRO Baffled muffler

31's first then after the extra 2" probably 33's new Soft 8 style rims

^^ Bushwacker flats, of homemade flats

CB with 98plumcrazy's mount

Roof rack/ rear bumper tire carrier for spare
Old 08-16-2011, 09:40 AM
CF Veteran

Earlier this spring my friend (who drives a camry) asked me to help him get some mulch 20 bags, there is more in the back seat that I didn't get a picture of

And those skulls that BallisticDave was giving away, found a nice spot hangin from my mirror

I painted them OD green and clear coated them, they look real goon now!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
CF Veteran

Here is where it's at as of yesterday

Mmmmmm mud
Old 08-16-2011, 12:58 PM

Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l renix

very nice 1plunk. she needs some 32's and some cragars, or something. =) looks good though. off to a very nice start. My Jeep is my first vehicle. So it's also my first build.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by cherokee_ftw_5
very nice 1plunk. she needs some 32's and some cragars, or something. =) looks good though. off to a very nice start. My Jeep is my first vehicle. So it's also my first build.
Same here lol, cruising craigslist everyday, bumpers first though, need tow points!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 PM
CF Veteran

Showed up my friends with chevy's yesterday night, I crossed a creek they absolutely would not go over. One kid parked his truck just so he could ride along with me hahaha pics of the creek next time I go
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 PM
CF Veteran

I was driving last night, and j realized the headlights were wiggling when I hit a bump, looked into it this morning and it turns out the fix from when I smashed it in december, let loose. The piece that hold in the headlights and the grille was loose on the top. The epoxy is drying right now and will be put back together in a few minutes. On the bright side I now have time to adjust my headlights...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 PM

Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l renix

I'd have crossed the creek by accident. and done donuts in it. =D just to show off. I hate to say it, but I have a jeep, and I want everyone to know i'm better. lol
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by cherokee_ftw_5
I'd have crossed the creek by accident. and done donuts in it. =D just to show off. I hate to say it, but I have a jeep, and I want everyone to know i'm better. lol
Lol I soo did, went down to black dog and went through the mud a little, nothing huge.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Havent updated in awhile, everything's the same. Lol

I just bought a pair of SRS lights at Northern, a friend converted his to HID and they are bright as hell. I think I might copy him... I just gotta learn how to wire without using a million wire buds lol.

Judy-image-3422984461.jpg

Left to me it might actually look like this...

Gonna mount them to the stock bumper for now, then when I do finally get enough cash to buy new ones I'll just swap them over.

More to come, as soon as the money does...
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
CF Veteran

Pulled an overhead console today! No time to wire it up but I got a buddy who's gonna help me do my offroad lights at the same time. More to come.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Overhead console still sitting in the garage... Not sure if I want to install it or sell it...

Ordered L and L Fabrication bumpers tonight.

Gonna wait and mount my offroad lights to the bar on it. My friends hooked me up with the super bright conversion for the lights, says it makes them so bright that if you turn them on while a stop sign is coming up, it reflects off the stop sign and blinds you haha

Forgot to add earlier that I ordered one of those diamond plate fuel door covers from choo

Judy-image-1302482108.jpg

Also picked up a cobra 19 for $25, tried
making some antennae brackets and failed miserably. They were just too flimsy, gonna make a second run at it, with a little
more experience. Maybe modify the first one, and weld a triangle in there for some structure.

I'm excited, it's all coming together finally, cb, lights, bumpers... also tires are soon to come.

Till next time

Judy-image-380975986.jpg
Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
CF Veteran

Forgot again (seem's to be a theme here) I also installed a new kenwood deck after the pioneer the PO installed took a crap. After pulling it all apart the PO had a birds nest of wiring back there, but now it's nice an' neat

Question: should I paint my bumpers a color or just stick with Bedliner? I always thought flourescent green would be a cool color for the bumpers and flares....
Attached Images  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
CF Veteran

ordered this for my front bumper should be coming in the next couple of weeks. Then i have to paint it, im thinking if i can find it Satin Bedliner would be amazing.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 1plunk; 12-28-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
CF Veteran

also, in the last few weeks all my radiator hoses have been cracking and leaking right next to the clamp, so temporarily i have been cutting off the cracked piece and just moving the hose up. While on break, i figured i might as well just replace all the hoses so i dont have to worry about it cracking (and not having enough hose to cut and move) did the lower radiator hose last thurdsday. probably gonna do the rest while im on break, but if not in the next few weeks in the shop at school.

When the bumpers get here they are getting painted, then the lights are going on the front and the back is getting dual whips

Quick Reply: Judy