Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HHO converted 96 Grand jeep cherokee 5.2 with EFIE problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 5.2
Default HHO converted 96 Grand jeep cherokee 5.2 with EFIE problem

I own a 96 grand jeep cherokee 5.2 with two hho dry cells in parallel powered by a 12V 30A PWM. The two cells pull around 10 amps. I had upgraded my alternator battery ect almost double power, just to make sure everything backed up on the load. So all in all w/o the two EFIE sensor milli-volt enhancer for oxygen sensors to PCM (Trucks computer) I usually get about 13-15 miles per gallon depending on my PSI in the tires makes a 3 MPG difference. Now with this HHO system just going to the air intake housing I get 18 to 22 MPG. I measured about 3/4 of a liter per minute to 1 once the system gets a little warmer. This whole system is runing from the back of my jeep for better inspection, so I have a hose braketed underneath, along with power wires straight to the battery. Now these damn EIFE enhancers dont corntrol **** on this car because the computer goes HAYWIRE, I dont know what to do at this point, but get my 20% to 40% savings. The millivolts on the sensor wire to the computer jump up and down when that engine light comes on it seems like the PCM computer just goes nutz. ANY suggestions MAP sensor I guess. Or just reset the computer and get the check engine light to turn off and see if I could adjust it some how. Do you know anything about this oxygen sensor stuff? I know there are two oxygen sensors on my vehicle. The first one is the pre converter oxygen sensor and the second one is the post converter oxygen sensor. These two sensors draw in between 000.00-900.00 millivolts each sensor wire. The higher voltage reading the lower gas consumption to the point the engine will shut or down. I could have burned out my oxygen sensors and that is why my voltage readings from the sensor wires are going hay wire Dont know Any help would be appreciated.