Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hello from tn

Old 01-19-2011, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default hello from tn

hello everyone. New to the site. I've been thinking about getting a cherokee. I've had a 04 grand cherokee freedom edition (loved it but a pos @ 50k miles) and a 03 liberty...it was ok. Right now I have a 95 tahoe 4 door 4x4. No mods besides a small system. I like my tahoe but the 11ish mpg is getting old. Anyways. I can't decide between cherokee and grand cherokee. I need a daily driver that I can also take up the mountain and over rocks, threw creeks, etc... nothing to crazy. The plans for whatever I decide are pretty basic. 4 to 6 inch suspension lift. Nice set of wheels and tires (more of an a/t 33-35). The winch bumpers (front and back), would probably custom fab those. Some lights (front and back). Like I said basic and clean. The only major upgrade I'm thinking is going doorless. but with 2 kids that's sketchy. I do however love the idea of half doors. Something like the 5th picture in the site banner but on all 4 doors. That way u get the open feeling of doorless, a little more safety factor (not much tho) and let's be honest. It looks cleaner. Auto makers didn't design door jams to look good exposed. Of coarse id have 2 sets of doors and do the quick release setup for doorless so there ez to swap out. I'm not a fan of flooded interiors and stuff so the half doors would be a "on occassion" thing. Just some thoughts and ideas. My biggest concern @tm is - cherokee or grand cherokee. I want the 4.0. Would like a 5speed but I'm pretty sure that's not an option for grand cherokee. Some luxury. And dependability. Our 04 grand cherokee @ 50k miles had a lot of rear end troubles and rear transfercase issues. it had been takin up a snowy mountain once and that's it. Dunno what the issue was. Maybe just a lemon? Anyways. Would like ur opinions, thoughts, ideas, etc... have a good 1!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Ahh wow. First post on the site and posted it n the wrong section... wow. I fail..