Jeep Cherokee Forum

Jeep Cherokee Forum (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/)
-   Jeep Builds (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/)
-   -   Getting ready to start pn my 99 Cherokee (https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/getting-ready-start-pn-my-99-cherokee-48683/)

Troy 05-26-2010 11:36 PM

Getting ready to start on my 99 Cherokee
 
Just purchased new front axle shafts from Alloy USA, and 488 gears for both axles from Yukon. Next paycheck will be the OX lockers for the front and back. Already have the RC 6.5" long arm kit in the garage waiting to go in. Going to build a Dana 44 for the rear and also change out the T-case and install the SYE when the lift goes in. Hope to start building soon. I will try to post as many pics as I can.
I'm going to follow the RC 6.5" lift kit build thread from Brian. Hope I can figure it all out.

Here is what I am starting with. Already had the bumpers and roof rack made. Installed the Warn 12k HD power plant that was on my K5.. I know, a little bit of overkill.
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/...herokee007.jpg
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/.../RC65LAkit.jpg
http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums/...axleshafts.jpg

offroadnut36 05-27-2010 09:03 AM

PICSSS!!!!! Please? :D

tannerp89 05-27-2010 09:09 AM

what he said :yes:

cherokee77 05-27-2010 09:42 AM

No pics =:ban:

ROK 06-01-2010 07:02 PM

I like those bumpers

X1994J 06-02-2010 08:18 AM

Sounds sweet. What size of tires are you planning on running with those 4.88's?

88MJ.uggernaut 06-02-2010 11:38 AM

nice bumpers dude

Troy 06-02-2010 04:55 PM


Originally Posted by X1994J (Post 557849)
Sounds sweet. What size of tires are you planning on running with those 4.88's?

I was checking on the gear to tire size chart, and am going to go with 33's. That should keep me in the middle of the chart with OD. Also, I will be able to do 35's later if I decide to go larger.

Troy 06-02-2010 04:57 PM


Originally Posted by ROK (Post 557368)
I like those bumpers


Originally Posted by 88MJ.uggernaut (Post 558033)
nice bumpers dude

Thanks! Found the front one online and had a guy build it for me locally. Half the price!!

C.J. 06-02-2010 05:13 PM

Sounds like its going to go from a stock to wild XJ in a weekend!

X1994J 06-02-2010 06:21 PM


Originally Posted by Troy (Post 558382)
I was checking on the gear to tire size chart, and am going to go with 33's. That should keep me in the middle of the chart with OD. Also, I will be able to do 35's later if I decide to go larger.

What tire size to gearing chart are you using? With 33's (which will most likely measure less than 33") and 4.88's your engine will be screaming at 65 on the freeway, let alone 75. http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartable.htm I ran 4.56's and 33's and hated the freeway. Once I went to 35's it was better.

Troy 06-03-2010 12:11 AM


Originally Posted by X1994J (Post 558437)
What tire size to gearing chart are you using? With 33's (which will most likely measure less than 33") and 4.88's your engine will be screaming at 65 on the freeway, let alone 75. http://www.4lo.com/calc/geartable.htm I ran 4.56's and 33's and hated the freeway. Once I went to 35's it was better.

It says the RPM's will be around 3230 at freeway speeds, a little less with OD. Don't plan on driving it very much other than for wheeling. I guess I will just have to drive slow to get where I am going. Tick everyone off that is stuck behind me!!! :laughing:

xjoffroad 06-03-2010 12:16 AM

I like the way you think. gear it once and be done with it. you know you are going to want the 35's on there at some point so why not gear for it now. I agree with you. rig looks great.
also I ran 33's for month or so waiting for my krawlers. didnt do to much freeway driving but never has an issue with it

X1994J 06-03-2010 08:40 AM


Originally Posted by Troy (Post 558794)
It says the RPM's will be around 3230 at freeway speeds, a little less with OD. Don't plan on driving it very much other than for wheeling. I guess I will just have to drive slow to get where I am going. Tick everyone off that is stuck behind me!!! :laughing:

lol, sounds good man. Just thought I'd share my experience. I went with 4.88's in my new axles, but i'm stepping up to 38's. Looking forward to seeing this thing done.

Troy 06-03-2010 02:25 PM


Originally Posted by X1994J (Post 558981)
lol, sounds good man. Just thought I'd share my experience. I went with 4.88's in my new axles, but i'm stepping up to 38's. Looking forward to seeing this thing done.

I appreciate the input a lot... Thanks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands