Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

First time, be gentle. 00 XJ

Old 09-28-2018, 08:45 AM

Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default First time, be gentle. 00 XJ

Hi yall, figured I would start a build thread on my 2000 Xj sport. This is my first jeep and my first vehicle outside of Subaru. I have owned my far share of Subarus, my current one is a 2002 forester 5speed, lowered, blah blah blah typical stuff. I purchased the Xj to have a winter vehicle/ having something to go camping and hunting with. I do not have a long list of plans but we all know how that usually goes.

Plan is to start lift once I get home today 9/28/18 and to hopefully have it done this weekend since opening day for bow in NY is Monday and that's when the maiden voyage takes place. I will update with install pictures and completed pictures once I am done!

This list is parts that I have already acquired and being installed as of (9/28/18)
-4.5 X series Rough Country lift( I know I know, lets keep the hate comments down to a minimum!)
-Heavy duty Tie Rod
-Steering Stabilizer
-SYE kit from Rough Country as well
-New rear cv drive shaft to accommodate SYE
-Trail Master TM5 15x8 black steel rims
-BFG Mud Terrain KM2s 33x12.5

Possible future plans, maybe if the fiance lets me!
-CavFab cross over steering
-rolling the idea over to rhino line my interior( has that mysterious Xj water leak into passenger footwell)
-Curved LED light bar over windshield

The day I brought it home

First thing added was cheapo Amazon light bar (don't mind the snapchat photos)

And doing alittle drooling over the wheels and tires when I had them mounted and balanced!